IDMS

• 1.  Please advise if any CA IDMS utility for (data) extraction

Posted Oct 17, 2018 03:47 AM

Hello Good morning.

I am looking for CA IDMS utility to extract the data using batch job. Instead of writing a batch retrieval program COBOL + IDMS. 

I need to understand will it possible to extract the (data) using the standard CA IDMS utility to run a batch J.C.L with using Local mode dataset.

Example

If i know the extract utility in CA IDMS.

I will prepare the J.C.L with local mode dataset and then, I am able to extract the required data and to write into specified Output dataset.

I mean that (data) it is the each record entries in the IDMS record which is access from IDMS area with using Local mode dataset.

I was looking at other option to run a batch OLQ Job using the utility OLQBATCH, but, there is a challenge it is not possible to initialize all the fields in the J.C.L to extract into Output dataset and due to Rec length limitation 133.

One more challenge, it might not possible to connect multiple IDMS records using the set-name.

Could you please advise and provide your suggestion on this.

Thanks,

Sushil Joseph D.

• 2.  Re: Please advise if any CA IDMS utility for (data) extraction

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 17, 2018 06:04 AM

CULPRIT can probably do this.

But if you are looking for a more modern and flexible approach, the SQL option has an "export" like facility.
    If you have an SQL schema for your network database, you can use the "SET OPTIONS OUTPUT TO dd-name;" option.
    It's the same as using SQL in an IDMSBCF batch job but the output goes to a flat file and without the column headings.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-idms/19/en/using/using-common-facilities/command-facility/using-set-options-to-select-options

• 3.  Re: Please advise if any CA IDMS utility for (data) extraction

Posted Oct 17, 2018 09:09 AM

CULPRIT !!!!!

Chris Hoelscher

Technology Architect, Database Infrastructure Services

Technology Solution Services

Humana Inc.

123 East Main Street

Louisville, KY 40202

Humana.com

(502) 476-2538 or 407-7266