when I use grant type = Authorization code or Implicit, Postman is not able to get access token from OAuth Manager. It gives invalid credential error.
Can you tell me the following?
1. Was there a client created within the oauth manager?
2. Is there an API on the gateway that expects oauth2.0 requirement?
3. Did you put this in the Callback URL within the client that you created in OAuth Manager?
If all is true or you have an answer for it, than you can proceed to your client.
Which version of Postman are you using?
When using postman – did you update the client with the particular Grant Type?
CallbackURL – API listed above in question 2
Auth URL - https://gateway_url:8443/auth/oauth/v2/authorize
Client ID = is the client_ident from the particular oauth client that you created within the oauth manager.
Scope = oob or whatever value you created within the client above on question 2.
Principal Consultant, CA API Management Presales
Email = Derek.Orr@ca.com<mailto:Derek.Orr@ca.com>
CA API Management Community: https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-api-management-community
1. Was there a client created within the oauth manager? Yes
2. Is there an API on the gateway that expects oauth2.0 requirement? Yes
3. Did you put this in the Callback URL within the client that you created in OAuth Manager? Yes. It is https://www.getpostman.com/oauth2/callback
When using postman – did you update the client with the particular Grant Type? Yes. Please see the screen shot below. I do not get any results when I click on Request Token. When I change grant type to client credentials, it works fine. POSTMAN provided callback URL is not posting the client secret to the token endpoint.
Charu Varshney, Technical Architect
Enterprise Data Solutions, Enterprise Information Services (EIS)
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)
1-916 358--1818 Desk
Retrieving data ...