Rally Software

• 1.  Monitoring Performance of Agile Central fields

Posted Oct 19, 2018 09:55 AM

Can we monitor "Performance of Agile Central fields" which includes

• System Fields
    • Custom Fields
    • System Apps
    • Custom Apps

Based on that It would be helpful to adapt the apps and fields.

• 2.  Re: Monitoring Performance of Agile Central fields

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 19, 2018 01:45 PM

Hi Avinash,

It's not too clear what you mean by 'monitoring performance of fields'. Can you please clarify for us what you meant?

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Monitoring Performance of Agile Central fields

Posted Oct 22, 2018 10:19 AM

Performance of Agile Central fields means if new custom filed is created, i want to see its usage like how many users are using etc

• 4.  Re: Monitoring Performance of Agile Central fields
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 22, 2018 04:20 PM

Thank you Avinash for clarifying.

We don't have any such app or report available, but perhaps more importantly, I'm uncertain what the requirement you presented means:

Custom Fields are part of artifacts (part of defects, user stories, portfolio items etc .. ), so perhaps what you mean is finding out how many artifacts use these fields vs. how many are not. So, for example if you have 1000 defects, then how many have a certain custom field with a value that's set.  I'm not sure how you can tie it to a user. Do you mean the owners of the artifact perhaps?

Either way, like said, there isn't such an app or report. There is this app called: My Custom Fields which shows the custom fields by artifact-type, but it doesn't seem to come close enough to what you asked. 

I hope this helps.

Sagi

• 5.  Re: Monitoring Performance of Agile Central fields

Posted Oct 25, 2018 08:48 AM

Thank you Sagi for help, Let me extend the question here :

Can we monitor all the usage of all Existing Fields, apps in order to optimize the usage i want to disable rarely used fields.