DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  USM Guest Access Control Question

Posted Oct 19, 2018 02:51 PM

I am using the default access control groups in UIM for Administrators and Guests.  I have setup several clients with Guest access and am enabling functions on an as needed bases.  There is one however that I cannot seem to identify.  When a client with guest access is in the Unified Service Manager and they are on a host system, when they click the Reports option the popup or new window opens to display the report they want to view but they receive the message that they do not have the correct ACL.  Can anyone tell me which ACL or combination of ACLs within the default Guest group needs to be enabled for this functionality?  Thank you in advance.

• 2.  Re: USM Guest Access Control Question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2018 02:29 AM
      |   view attached

Please try enable "Unified Reports" and how it goes.

It is disabled in Guest ACL by default.

Regards, Yu

• 3.  Re: USM Guest Access Control Question

Posted Oct 20, 2018 08:31 AM

Thanks Yu.  I should have mentioned that was the one option I did already enable however it did not resolve the ACL issue.

• 4.  Re: USM Guest Access Control Question

Posted Oct 22, 2018 02:36 PM

Try 'Dynamic Views Reports'.

• 5.  Re: USM Guest Access Control Question

Posted Oct 22, 2018 03:58 PM

I selected all the dynamic view options including reports and the user reports he gets the same ACL failure.

• 6.  Re: USM Guest Access Control Question

Posted Oct 25, 2018 02:46 PM

Yu is correct. Not sure why it is not working for you. Tested it in my lab and found this:

ACL Permission to access At a Glance Report (UIM) - CA Knowledge 

• 7.  Re: USM Guest Access Control Question

Posted Oct 26, 2018 07:50 AM

Thanks David.  So the article states "and all reports that use UR".  I assume this is a separate ACL someplace that needs to be granted.  Can you give me insight into where the additional permissions are configured please?  Thank you in advance.

• 8.  Re: USM Guest Access Control Question

Posted Oct 26, 2018 09:43 AM

Wanting to leave Guest at the default, a new ACL was creates and given 'Unified Reports' & 'USM Basic' and was able to access the At A Glance & Trend reports.

• 9.  Re: USM Guest Access Control Question

Posted Oct 26, 2018 08:15 PM

I tested all of the ACLs today and found that if I add 'QoS Access' the reports such as At A Glance now work.