Layer7 API Management

• 1.  flush cache

Posted Oct 21, 2018 12:58 PM

Hi there,

Is their a way beside restarting the gateway to flush the cache which mean clear the stored cache in 9.1 ssg cr01 that we are using? I believe their is a encapsulated assertion in 9.2 but do we have similar in 9.1,if not what is the true work around you suggest for it? Thanks

• 2.  Re: flush cache

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 22, 2018 09:47 AM

Hi

To which cache are your referring ? There is a flush cache assertion but that one belongs to the otk kit

https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-management-oauth-toolkit/4-2/en/customizing-the-oauth-toolkit/customize-caches

regards

Dirk

• 3.  Re: flush cache

Posted Oct 22, 2018 10:00 AM

AM referring to general cache I,e store to cache and lookup cache.

• 4.  Re: flush cache

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 22, 2018 06:24 PM

Hello,

To "flush cache”, should we just run Store to Cache again with same ID, same key, but set target message as an empty message?

Regards,

Mark

• 5.  Re: flush cache

Posted Oct 23, 2018 07:00 PM

Just out of curiosity, what is the rationale for needing to clear the cache in a way that doesn't require a restart? I only ask because if you need to clear the cache often enough to need to do it without restarts, I would presume that may defeat the whole purpose of caching. And if you have a cluster of Gateway nodes, restarting one node at a time should have next to no impact to the cluster. Clearing cache should generally be a very rare event, which is just why I'm curious what your use-case is so that we can try to better work with that if needed.

• 6.  Re: flush cache

Posted Oct 24, 2018 09:39 AM

The circumstances is,during development for a policy we setup the response who's size like 500 bytes,to cache for 24hrs. During our unit testing for 1hr it wont route to backed API, the policy is looking up the JSON response in the cache.some times want to test how the back-end is behaving ,i can reduce but some times am need to erase it and start over.Is it clear,feel free to show up questions? -:)

• 7.  Re: flush cache

Posted Oct 24, 2018 01:25 PM

So it sounds to me like this is more of a troubleshooting technique for a different issue, correct? If so, what error is thrown in your load tests to the Gateway where for 1 hour it won't route to the backend?

• 8.  Re: flush cache

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 04:26 AM

Hi 

Did the answer from Mark answered your question? If it did please mark it as the right answer. When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.

With Kind Regards

Conny Postma

• 9.  Re: flush cache

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 07:02 PM

Thanks Conny to follow up.

No, as per the last update of Sharath, they might need to set min “Maximum entry age” rather than empty message.

But I am not sure the meaning of 0 age, it may be safer to set it as 1 sec.

SHARATH YERAMALLA , try building a service endpoint to set the “Maximum entry age” as 1 sec, you might pass the ID/Key/etc. via parameters or headers.

Regards,

Mark