Clarity

• 1.  To know more about collaboration Tab usages

Posted Oct 20, 2018 11:27 AM

Hi All,

I have few clarifications in Collaboration Tab.

1) Does it link to project object? If yes, i couldn't find the fields which are related to Collaboration.

Is it a subpage or portlet? Screenshot for your reference though it's displaying when i click on "Add documents" in the action field.

2) If i need to set the "Status" field as mandatory, where should i need to set, do you have any steps for this?

3) what are the ways to send notifications through the auto-triggered processes whenever a documents is uploaded or status is changed to Approved/Submitted or Rejected and how to send that document to owner or team member ?

4) Also please share any other new ideas if you have which are all related to collaboration.

Thanks in advance and your support.

• 2.  Re: To know more about collaboration Tab usages

Posted Oct 22, 2018 06:05 AM

It's not part of the usual (studio) "object" model (either in the application itself nor in the database), its all completely different functionality - so we can not really affect the functionality in anything like the way we can for studio-objects. The only control over the functionality that I know of is what is in the manuals and thats not much (eg participant access to the documents).

Here for the ERDs though which will help describe the database side ; https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-5/en/reference/ca-ppm-entity-relationship-diagrams-erd#CAPPMEntityRelationshipDiagrams(E… 

• 3.  Re: To know more about collaboration Tab usages

Posted Oct 22, 2018 02:04 PM

Further to that

1. Yes it relates to the project object.

It is part of the project default layout page and also of some other layouts.

Those layouts are created with tools not available to the user.

Collaboration is one of the tabs in the project layout.

The only things available to the user are the make the tab inactive and select actions for the tab (by default there are none to select from)

That is as far as you get.

The tab ID suggests that in the database it is in document management part of the application.

However, as Dave points out that area is not accessible in studio or any other means.

2. You cannot do that in a supported manner

3. Because your cannot see those fields in the GUI in the process administration for the project object you cannot do that in supported manner.

4. Collaboration manager and participants are not within the rights administration, but they do consume licenses as long as assignedwhich you should take into consideration when you try to release licenses by removing rights and inactivating users.

• 4.  Re: To know more about collaboration Tab usages

Posted Oct 24, 2018 05:08 AM

Thank you all for your info...