Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Mail notificiation - AE server

Posted Oct 22, 2018 01:30 AM

Hi,

I created a mail notification job, and I want to attach a report that is saved on the AE server. In our setup, we have 2 AE servers, and now I have noticed that sometimes the batch files because "file not found". The file is created on the first AE server, so I suppose the batch searched the file on the 2nd server.

I can't find a way to say it must find the batch on the first AE server? Can this be the issue?

So the workaround can be that I copy the file first to both servers and than start the mail notication job?

thx!

br

Sören

• 2.  Re: Mail notificiation - AE server
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 22, 2018 01:55 PM

Hi

I can't find a way to say it must find the batch on the first AE server? Can this be the issue?

=> correct.

You can not influence on which AE server is searched for the file, its depending on the WP it gets executed.

Solution attempts:

A) copy it from one AE Server to the other

B) use an UNC path where both Engines have access to.

Docu:

This script element always sends emails via the Automation Engine. Files that should be attached must be stored on the computer of the AutomationEngine or be accessible from there (UNC path).

Automic 

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Re: Mail notificiation - AE server

Posted Oct 23, 2018 09:16 AM

Hi Wolfgang,

thanks for the info. Updated the jobplan with filetransfer job and works fine now.

br

Sören