Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Code coverage tool for CA API Gateway

Posted Oct 22, 2018 10:25 AM

Hi!

We are using CA API Gateway 9.2 and 9.3. We are searching for a tool that calculate code coverage. We think it's not possible . It doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Code coverage tool for CA API Gateway
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 22, 2018 04:13 PM

Just to confirm that you are looking for policy fragment, encapsulated assertions, and such in the services. If this is the case, I'm not aware of a tool that will provide optics to where all these entities are using in policy.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

CA Support

• 3.  Re: Code coverage tool for CA API Gateway

Posted Oct 22, 2018 04:36 PM

Exactly what I'm looking for and when we create our own assertions.

• 4.  Re: Code coverage tool for CA API Gateway

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 22, 2018 06:49 PM

If you're talking about what policies are using a certain assertion/entity, it's still possible.

For example, looking for what policies are using Store to cache assertion, you may run a query as below,

mysql> select name from policy where xml like '%CacheStorage%';

Base on that, you may build a tool.

PS: a simple way to find the searching keyword is that, you copy your own assertion from policy manager, and paste to a text editor, you will see the xml format of this assertion, then you will know what  keyword is good for searching this entity.

Regards,

Mark

• 5.  Re: Code coverage tool for CA API Gateway

Posted Oct 23, 2018 09:23 AM

I will give an exemple. oAuth2, we have build our own code to add some grant_type. So we have created our own assertion. We would like to have a tool that give us a code coverage of the assertion we have created since it's code. The power above us would like us to use SonarQube and from what i've seen, it's not possible. So, we are investigating other ways to do something similar.

Thanks!