DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Monitoring of Oracle database in UIM

Posted Oct 22, 2018 10:33 PM

Goodnight:

Dear as they are, I currently have a problem with my client.

I have installed UIM 8.51 and I want to monitor oracle databases. But checking with my client's Oracle database administrators ask me to send them the specific permissions at the BD level, since they require that specified information and in the CA documentation that information is not specified.

I would like you to send me a reference table where you specify the scope of database monitoring for ORACLE and tell me what user permissions are required and what scope you would have. If a sysadmin user is required to monitor these databases, I would like you to tell me so to show this information to my client and the request can be processed based on the support case.

And if it is a user of reading that is what could be monitored from the Oracle Databases. I already reviewed the CA documentation and my client asks me to be more specific in that requirement since no role is specified to carry out the BD monitoring of said manager.

• 2.  Re: Monitoring of Oracle database in UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2018 09:37 AM

The only user permissions that are specified for monitoring Oracle databases with the oracle probe are found in the "Provide Access Rights for a Database User" section of the oracle Preconfiguration Requirements Wiki page.

In some cases, these permissions may not be enough.  The following Knowledge Documents address this:

KB000033552 : Additional Oracle permissions and TS$(tablesoace) error

Finally, the following Knowledge Document provides the actual SQL queries that the oracle probe makes for each of the available checkpoints depending on the version of the Oracle database:

KB000034630 : Oracle Checkpoint Queries

If there are any doubts about permissions required by the user configured in the connection profiles specified in the oracle probe, you can verify that the user has the required permissions to execute the SQL query associated with the checkpoints that will be enabled for monitoring the configured Oracle database.