DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Can AOP's Zookeeper coexist with VMotion

Posted Oct 23, 2018 12:28 PM

My infrastructure team is asking this direct question about zookeeper and Vmotion playing nice together.  Another team  has asked for the zookeeper to be hosted without Vmotion and they want to know if this hold true for AOP as well. 

Is this a situation where it's not a best practice to have Elastic, Kafka, Zookeeper on Vmotion by the nature of the disk requirements of these apps?

Thanks

Chris

#caeadband

• 2.  Re: Can AOP's Zookeeper coexist with VMotion

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2018 12:41 PM

Chris, lets see if some of our field people have more details they can share on this.

Rich.Lankester lakha01 

• 3.  Re: Can AOP's Zookeeper coexist with VMotion

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2018 12:48 PM

Excellent question, hopefully harish has some insight to share.  Also tagging Jeff Jeff_Morris in case he knows the answer.

• 4.  Re: Can AOP's Zookeeper coexist with VMotion

Posted Oct 25, 2018 10:34 AM

How can you mark this answered?   Unmarked ... 

• 5.  Re: Can AOP's Zookeeper coexist with VMotion
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 25, 2018 01:23 PM

Hello,

To answer your question on AOP components (Jarvis, Elasticsearch, KAFKA, Zookeeper), being compatible with vMotion/vSphere: The answer is "YES" we do support virtualized environments with storage (vMotion)

We have the disk speeds documented here: 

Installation Prerequisites - Custom Deployment - Agile Operations Analytics Base Platform - 17.3 - CA Technologies Docum… 

So if you have a locally attached storage for your virtual environments that provide the required IOPS/Read-Write speeds, the product will work and be supported on Virtualized environments.

Local storage = i.e dedicated storage on the Virtualized environments that can be shared across AOP components.

Hope this helps.

If you have further questions please feel free to email me at lakha01@ca.com 

Cheers,

Harish