AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Silent Install of DE Agents

Posted Oct 23, 2018 02:07 PM

We perform silent installs for our DE agents and during the process we have to manually change the location of the spool directory after the agent is installed. Is there a way to override this so the silent install automatically puts the correct location in the agentparm?

It seems too that local security is turned off by default (at least in my shop for Windows agents). We want to have that turned on automatically rather than again having to modify the parm after the silent install.

Is any of this possible?

• 2.  Re: Silent Install of DE Agents

Posted Oct 24, 2018 08:31 AM

The silent installer allows entry for any additional settings that are not included by default.

Use the RAW_DATA parameter to add instance-specific parameters and settings.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-system-agent/11-4/en/installing-and-upgrading/install-or-upgrade-ca-workload-automation-system-agent/install-or-upgrade-the-agent-using-a-silent-installer

Prior to RAW_DATA feature being available a wrapper program was created that:

• Dynamically creates installer.properties
    • Run setup in silent mode
    • Programmatically update agentparm.txt as needed

• 3.  Re: Silent Install of DE Agents

Posted Oct 24, 2018 11:39 AM

Thanks Rick. We are not necessarily looking to add additional settings but just change one so that with each agent install it is there. I don't see any reference of the setting for the spool directory in the installer properties and I imagine we would run into problems if we simply add that the spool directory is a specific location and do not change the default setting for it

• 4.  Re: Silent Install of DE Agents
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2018 10:11 AM

Use LOCAL_SECURITY property in the installer properties file to enable local security;

LOCAL_SECURITY=on

• 5.  Re: Silent Install of DE Agents

Posted Oct 24, 2018 11:36 AM

Thanks Segun. I don't know how I missed that since I did look in the installer properties before posting this. I see it now