Clarity

• 1.  Team Calendar

Posted Oct 23, 2018 06:15 PM

Is there any View or a Report available to see the Team Calendar?

I mean to see the unavailability of resources due to their leave records or allocation to the other activities, how can I see a Calendar of the team like Outlook weekly/monthly calendar for the team?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Team Calendar
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2018 10:52 PM

Hi Joshi,

As you know, the Staffing views is available in the New User Experience for managing resource allocations and staffing. 

It maybe useful for your requirement.

The Telescopic Resource Calendar 

Regards,

Shoichi

• 3.  Re: Team Calendar

Posted Oct 24, 2018 01:06 AM

To me it sounds like a custom portlet or reports.

First selecting/filtering the team and then querying the availability of the members from the slices (custom or system) and selecting the output time frame.

My understanding is that by default the team allocations do not consider the allocations nor availability of the individual members in the team views.

• 4.  Re: Team Calendar

Posted Oct 24, 2018 05:07 PM

On Team\Staff page in Classic, no.

On Resource Planning:Allocations\Weekly Detail portlet, yes.

In both areas, one can add ‘across investment/resource’ type aggregated attributes like “Resource Availability” and “Under-Allocation.”  However, on the Team\Staff page, these aggregate fields include inactive projects, with no ability to exclude them.  So, Resource Availability may be useful, but any numbers on total allocation or under/overallocation are off if the time periods displayed include any inactive projects that the resource(s) are allocated to.

On the Resource Planning:Allocations\Weekly Detail portlet, there is a filter available where one can determine whether one wants inactive projects included or not.

So, if the resource sets their extended leave dates as ‘non-working’ on their calendar, both Team\Staff and Weekly Detail will show zero availability, correctly

But only the Weekly Detail portlet will proved correct aggregated demand metrics from only active projects.

What about New UX?  Signs of hope, perhaps, but much ‘across many project’ type aggregations aren’t there, yet.  And, the same inclusion of inactive projects appears there, too.  Ugh!

Other than the Weekly Detail portlet , one’s best bet is hitting data warehouse with Jaspersoft or a BI app like MS Power BI, Tableau or Qlikview.  There, I have a choice of including or excluding inactive projects, and when it excluded, I get the right numbers.  Build your own solution, one that works.

Hope this is helpful.  And, if anyone knows how to exclude inactive projects from TSV calculations on Team\Staff page and/or New UX screens, please comment!

Kind regards,

Dale C. Stockman