Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Does Oracle ERP agent work with Adv Auth?

Posted Oct 24, 2018 11:46 AM

We are looking to use the Oracle ERP agent to connect with PeopleSoft.  The docs that I've read only mention it in connection with SiteMinder.  Will it work with the SSO running through the Adv Auth server?

• 2.  Re: Does Oracle ERP agent work with Adv Auth?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2018 05:39 PM

The ERP agent that I believe is an application server agent that makes the IsProtected, authenticated and authorized calls to the policy server. If this agent can serve fcc files then it should work fine.

• 3.  Re: Does Oracle ERP agent work with Adv Auth?

Posted Oct 24, 2018 06:01 PM

My thoughts,

The design is that ERP Agent in PeopleSoft Integrations is typically front ended by a CA SSO WebAgent (with SessionLinker installed) OR CA SSO Access Gateway (includes SessionLinker). 

CA SSO WebAgent OR CA SSO Access Gateway can work with CA SSO Policy Server to integrate with CA Advanced Authentication. Once all Authentication flows are completed (including Advanced Authentication); the Web Server OR CA Access Gateway will proxy the request to Application Server where the ERP Agent would consume the incoming SMSESSION from the front-end and create a login context (using PeopleCode and ERP Agent libraries) for the User (from the SMSESSION) within the Application Server /PeopleSoft space.

Regards

Hubert