DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Profile Question for NTEVL and Multiple Event IDs

Posted Oct 25, 2018 10:14 AM

I am setting up an event log profile for a Windows server application event log in USM.  I am looking for multiple Event IDs.  Do I need to create a separate profile for each Event ID I am selecting or can multiple Event IDs be added to a single profile.  If I can create multiple, can you please provide the syntax for how to enter them?  Thank you in advance.

• 2.  Re: Profile Question for NTEVL and Multiple Event IDs

Posted Oct 25, 2018 01:10 PM

You can keep other values like source, description etc as * and for event please follow as mentioned below:

Event ID: defines the Event ID you are monitoring. Use * to monitor all events of the selected log file. You can use exact numeric match, range( example, 1-5) and multiple comma separated event IDs. You can also use both ranges and commas in the same entry, such as 1-5, 9-20. The field does not support any other regular expression.

• 3.  Re: Profile Question for NTEVL and Multiple Event IDs

Posted Oct 25, 2018 02:16 PM

I attempted this but as soon as I add a comma, the text box for the Event ID is outlined in red and USM will not allow me to create the profile.

• 4.  Re: Profile Question for NTEVL and Multiple Event IDs

Posted Oct 25, 2018 05:46 PM

That is for the IM console configure.

AC & MCS - Event ID: defines the Event ID you are monitoring. Use * to monitor all events of the selected log file. The field does not support any other regular expression.

In most cases it is not a good idea to monitor all and so, yes a different profile for each. Additionally pick one method and use only that, and don't configure a probe using a combination of the three.