DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  No data is seen in the UMP CA UIM

Posted Oct 25, 2018 12:30 PM

Good morning:

Dear as they are, hear I want to ask you the following question I will upload a profile in the admin console of any probe that installs and brings me data in the USM, but I can not see the data plotted in the UMP

You could help me please or I have to apply a special configuration or a FIX.

regards

• 2.  Re: No data is seen in the UMP CA UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 25, 2018 12:45 PM

We need a bit more information to help you.

Did the data used to be collected and then suddenly stop or has it never worked?

How are you configuring the probe? MCS, Admin Console or IM?

Can you send a screenshot of the relevant QOS metric turned on in the chosen configuration method?

Have you looked into the oracle probe log to see if there are any messages to indicate a problem?

Let's start with this first.

regards

• 3.  Re: No data is seen in the UMP CA UIM

Posted Oct 25, 2018 01:04 PM

The data has never worked in the ump

The configuration of the probe when making the connection is unsuccessful

• 4.  Re: No data is seen in the UMP CA UIM

Posted Oct 25, 2018 01:17 PM

Hello, in the SLM portlet for that oracle graph click on the TABLE tab and check if you have any values in there. If they are all 0 then you are getting data it just won't show on that chart. Also that check_db_alive always gave me issues with the sqlserver probe. It always threw false alerts so we turned it off. 

• 5.  Re: No data is seen in the UMP CA UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2018 05:43 AM

Can you check in Admin Console or IM if the configuration has actually reached the Oracle probe ?

If it has, can you look in the log file for any connection issues?

If there is nothing in the log can you check with Dr nimbus that the qos_messages from oracle and that robot are coming through ?