DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Raw and Historical data in Database

Posted Oct 26, 2018 01:29 AM

Hi All,

Please help me with the query to find out how many days historical data is available in the UIM database.

In our environment we had set raw data retention period as 90 days and historical data retention period as 720 days.

Now we are planning to reduce the historical data retention period as 360 days.

We cannot do it in a shot, we have to reduce it gradually. As of now we do not have 720 days in the database .hope it will be lesser than 500 days.To reduce it gradually I just wanted to find out how many days of data is available.

Also please suggest me , will changing the retention period will delete the data automatically, or we have to run any query to delete the data.

Regards,

Usha

• 2.  Re: Raw and Historical data in Database

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2018 01:54 AM

Hi,

The change on the number of data retention take into consideration on the next data maintenance job, that usually run every midnight.

You can try to make values smaller, leave it running for a couple of days, and see how it goes.

Regards, Yu

• 3.  Re: Raw and Historical data in Database

Posted Oct 26, 2018 02:57 PM

Yes, reducing the number of days a little at a time should work. The number of days really depends upon a number of factors and so is not easy to give a specific recommendation. These may help:

How does data_engine maintenance and retention wor - CA Knowledge 

Verifying that data_engine is deleting old raw and - CA Knowledge 

How to trouble shoot data retention and Database g - CA Knowledge 

Yes data can be removed manually, but that is best left to the db admin.

• 4.  Re: Raw and Historical data in Database

Posted Oct 30, 2018 02:08 AM

Thank you Yu and David.I will try that.

Regards,

Usha