Service Virtualization

• 1.  Edit the baseline tests from the portal

Posted Oct 26, 2018 06:27 AM

Hi Listeners,

Of late, I have a requirement where I have cleared some baseline tests from the HTTP recorded traffic. Now the idea is to make the developer community to use these for unit tests and smoke tests by running them from the portal.

The issue I'm seeing is, in all the baseline tests there are 2 default assertions which are getting added for each step (Assert Response Codes and Assert responses equal). I have no issue with the first assertion and I want to retain it but the second assertion is causing issues as most of the time the responses will have time stamps and other dynamic values whose values changes b/w recording and execution.

As I don't see any option to modify the assertion in the portal, I have to download the test Mar into the workstation to edit it. Since we cannot have all the developers to use the workstation, Just want to understand if there is any provision to edit this assertion in the portal or rather control the kind of assertions to be added in the base line while creating it from the virtual service.

I understand there is a option to do it from the transaction frames recorder by the application insight but that is our of option for me. I want to do it in the portal while creating the baseline during or after the virtual service creation.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Shivakumar.

• 2.  Re: Edit the baseline tests from the portal
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2018 12:21 AM

Hi,

What version DevTest are you using?
    But I do not think DevTest Portal in current version(10.4) has the feature that you want.
    I think it is better to create an idea as a feature enhancement request in this community and explain your requirement.

Thank you,

• 3.  Re: Edit the baseline tests from the portal

Posted Oct 29, 2018 11:47 AM

Hi,

I'm currently using 10.2 version. I will try raising the idea and see. 

Thanks and regards,

Shivakumar.

• 4.  Re: Edit the baseline tests from the portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 03:54 PM

Yusuke is right.  Please create an idea.