Clarity

• 1.  Action Item - Message when workflow sends a message to the user

Posted Oct 26, 2018 01:48 PM

Hi, 

I have a workflow setup to send a message to the Approver to approve this request in Project. When it triggers message  to the approver, the subject line shows  "Action Item Assigned to you. Action Item: <Project Name>" . Is there any way that I can change add the content prefix in this format :" CA PPM: Action Item Assigned to you. Action Item: <Project Name>" 

• 2.  Re: Action Item - Message when workflow sends a message to the user

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2018 02:39 PM

Hi Arun,

Go to Administration, Notifications and find "Action Item (Process) - New action item".  When you open that up, you can modify the notification template there.

Jeanne

• 3.  Re: Action Item - Message when workflow sends a message to the user

Posted Oct 26, 2018 02:51 PM

Thanks Jeanne

• 4.  Re: Action Item - Message when workflow sends a message to the user

Posted Oct 26, 2018 04:43 PM

I have a quick question regarding the same. At the beginning of the notification, it will work. When the action items assigned in risks & issues, I dont want to make any changes. In addition, when workflow is completed, a final notification goes to the different group process is complete. Can I change that as well? If yes, please do let me know how to achieve it. 

• 5.  Re: Action Item - Message when workflow sends a message to the user

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2018 05:54 PM

Hi Arun,

If I understand you correctly, your first question is whether or not you can change process notifications in such a way that it is different for different objects.  If that is your question the answer is no.

If you are instead talking about the automatic notifications sent out by the ppm system for Risks and Issues, those are separate notifications from the process action item notifications.

All notifications that you are allowed to change are in the same Notifications section of the Administration area.  You can search for each object to see which notifications you can change.  Search for Issue if that is what you want, or Risk, or Process.  The Process completion is indeed a notification you can modify.

You can find more information about configuring notifications in our Administration Guide:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-4/en/administration/configure-notifications-and-notification-templates 

Jeanne