CA Service Management

• 1.  CA Service Catalog widgets and Kentico portal

Posted Oct 30, 2018 05:20 AM

Hi friends,

does anyone have some practical experiences with implementing catalog widgets into Kentico portal? We provided our customer with standard catalog widgets and he somehow integrated it into the portal, but it doesn't work much.

The behavior is different in different browsers - for example in chrome you even can't submit the request - the Submit button simply do nothing with endless spinning wait icon and there are some error messages in Chrome (f.e. Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'msie' of undefined). 

If we use the widget standalone (not integrated in the portal) everything seems to be OK, or at least the behavior is better..

Jakub

• 2.  Re: CA Service Catalog widgets and Kentico portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 08:42 AM

Good Afternoon Jakub.

For this question, I used several 'sources' to search in.
    And searching for the 'Kentico portal' related to CA Service Catalog, did not reveal any hit.

Based on this 'not finding info', I say it is not possible.

Kind regards, Louis.

• 3.  Re: CA Service Catalog widgets and Kentico portal

Posted Nov 15, 2018 03:40 AM

Hi Louis,

I can't agree with the conclusion "you don't find any info => something is not possible"

We found the most possible root cause for this issue. The Kentico portal uses newer JQuery library which doesn't support some deprecated JS functions used by CA Service Catalog widgets. During the widget loading both JQuery libraries (Kentico and SC) were loaded which results in the odd behavior described above.

Kentico administrators slightly modified the portal page (to be sure that only SC jquery library will be used for this piece

of the portal) and everything seems to be OK now.

Similar behavior was described here:

Service Catalog widgets do not work properly in Sh - CA Knowledge 

Regards,

Jakub

• 4.  Re: CA Service Catalog widgets and Kentico portal
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 12, 2019 04:09 AM

Just to update the topic...

Fortunately, the answer for "is possible to integrate the CA widgets to Kentico portal?" is YES

Below is the almost complete version of integrated request widget (with some CSS customizations). 

Some principles we used for the integration:

• the piece of the portal which displays widgets don't use any jquery, but only pure JavaScript. This resolved the conflicts between Kentico and CA jquery versions
    • we use SDM WS calls (getArtifact) for obtaining artifact which can be used for SC authentication
    • for displaying the widgets, we use a similar approach as in the HTML page examples which are on SC server ( folder ..\view\webapps\usm\*.html)

I hope this will help someone in the future...

Jakub