CA Service Management

• 1.  When creating tickets in Service Desk Manager via the email interface, is it possible to make the Mail Subject in to the "Summary" field on the ticket and the mail body in description field.

Posted Oct 31, 2018 02:33 AM
      |   view attached

We are using CASDM 17.1, We would like to get the subject of the mail into the Summary of the ticket and the mail body in to the description of the ticket as well. As of now mail body and subject also updating in summery and description. Please  suggestions to resolving these issue.

Please find the attached screenshot, this is the mail which is getting after create the ticket via mail.

Thank you,

Amal

• 2.  Re: When creating tickets in Service Desk Manager via the email interface, is it possible to make the Mail Subject in to the "Summary" field on the ticket and the mail body in description field.

• 3.  Re: When creating tickets in Service Desk Manager via the email interface, is it possible to make the Mail Subject in to the "Summary" field on the ticket and the mail body in description field.

Posted Nov 01, 2018 02:17 AM

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for sharing the details,

I have already tried these and not getting the exact output, still the mail subject and mail body is coming in the summery and description.

the same what Tammy said.

Regards,

Amal

• 4.  Re: When creating tickets in Service Desk Manager via the email interface, is it possible to make the Mail Subject in to the "Summary" field on the ticket and the mail body in description field.

Posted Oct 31, 2018 02:20 PM

Hi Roberto,

In the rule in the mail box definition, if you select 'Prepend' in the Add Subject Line field, it will put the email subject line at the beginning of the ticket description -- and since the first 50 or so characters of the ticket description is also put into the summary field, you will then have the email subject line in both the summary and the description.

Tammy

• 5.  Re: When creating tickets in Service Desk Manager via the email interface, is it possible to make the Mail Subject in to the "Summary" field on the ticket and the mail body in description field.

Posted Nov 01, 2018 02:26 AM

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your update.

The same what you updated  i'm receiving now, after changing to prepend.

Regards,

Amal

• 6.  Re: When creating tickets in Service Desk Manager via the email interface, is it possible to make the Mail Subject in to the "Summary" field on the ticket and the mail body in description field.

Posted Nov 01, 2018 06:34 AM

Hi Amal,

Is that not what you wanted?  Maybe I misunderstood.  I thought you wanted the email subject line to be in the summary field, and both the email subject line and email body to be in the description field.   

Tammy

• 7.  Re: When creating tickets in Service Desk Manager via the email interface, is it possible to make the Mail Subject in to the "Summary" field on the ticket and the mail body in description field.

Posted Nov 01, 2018 07:11 AM

Hi Tammy,

Please find the attached screenshot and configuration.

After changing to Prepend, still the Mail body and subject line is available in summery and description.

I Need to remove the mail body from Summery and only keep the subject line in SDM ticket summery.

And the mail body should be in description filed.

• 8.  Re: When creating tickets in Service Desk Manager via the email interface, is it possible to make the Mail Subject in to the "Summary" field on the ticket and the mail body in description field.

Posted Nov 01, 2018 07:55 AM

Hi Amal,

Then I think you're going to need to do what others have suggested, and control that using the maileater tags.

Tammy

• 9.  Re: When creating tickets in Service Desk Manager via the email interface, is it possible to make the Mail Subject in to the "Summary" field on the ticket and the mail body in description field.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 08:10 AM

Hi Amal,

Unfortunately I was not able to cut off the mail body from ticket summary. It continued to appear after the mail subject in the ticket summary, both mail body and mail subject appeared in ticket summary. In addition, I saw the tags -[[ and ]]- appearing in the ticket summary.

And yes, both mail body and mail subject appeared in the ticket description.

The only way to have only one line appearing in ticket summary is to use the tag %SUMMARY=<text to be displayed as ticket summary> in the mail body.

I don't see another way of doing this. Not sure if someone else could have other inputs, maybe doing some kind of customization.

If this is not accepted, you could raise an idea in communities requesting some enhancements in this area.

Regards,

Roberto