Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  PGPd Files When SFTPd can not be decrypted

Posted Nov 01, 2018 09:30 AM

We have started to use UC4 (Build 309-371) to securely transfer files over to vendors. The files are PGP encrypted before SFPTd. However, the vendors can not decrypt the files using the private key. When we email those encrypted files, they can decrypt it. The issue lies with PGP and SFTP combination. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mahesh Acharya

• 2.  Re: PGPd Files When SFTPd can not be decrypted

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 09:45 PM

Hi,

From the support case 01229990, your question seems related to "AUTOMIC WORKLOAD AUTOMATION".
    Then we move your question to the community named "CA Automic Workload Automation".

Thank you,

• 3.  Re: PGPd Files When SFTPd can not be decrypted

Posted Nov 02, 2018 12:39 PM

We use RA-FTP to send PGP files via SFTP all the time, and have never had any issues like the one you describe.

Our RA-FTP agent is 3.1.4+build.290 running on AE 11.2.1+build.412

• 4.  Re: PGPd Files When SFTPd can not be decrypted

Posted Nov 02, 2018 04:32 PM

Hey Mahesh,

Like Pete, I can only say that we PGP encrypt thousands of files per day and send them to ~100 different vendors and I have not seen this issue.

The RA FTP Agent Solution is 3.1.5.

Is there any additional information that can be provided about what the vendor is seeing when they decrypt? Maybe the issue lies on their FTP server? If possible I would try a different client other than the RA FTP Agent and see if it is the same problem.

• 5.  Re: PGPd Files When SFTPd can not be decrypted

Posted Mar 05, 2019 01:09 PM

How is everyone getting the key sent out?  Also, are you using an application in particular to encrypt?

• 6.  Re: PGPd Files When SFTPd can not be decrypted

Posted Mar 05, 2019 01:31 PM

Regarding PGP encryption;

We are using www.gpg4win.de/about.html .  They name their output files 'gpg', but we just rename them as they are actually pgp files.   I like their windows key manager that comes with the product called "Kleopatra" because it simplifies the management of keys.  I'm sure there are other products out there though.

When we set up a transfer with another datacenter, we manually send our site public key to them, and they manually send us their site public key which must be imported into our system. (That's where Kleopatra comes in.)