Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Query in Live API Creator

Posted Nov 01, 2018 01:52 AM

Hi Team,

I have been using Live API creator and I am stuck on a few points which are mentioned below.

1. Can anyone suggest how to disable a specific stored procedure in CA Live API Creator?
    2. Can we fetch limited rows from a table using GET call on its API created by LAC?
    3. How to give access to specific procedure and table to a user and disable all other in a data source for him?

Do let me know if you have any suggestions.

Regards,

Himanshu

• 2.  Re: Query in Live API Creator
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 01, 2018 02:58 AM

Hi Himanshu,

Can anyone suggest how to disable a specific stored procedure in CA Live API Creator?

We can Exclude any table or any stored procedure in CA LIVE API Creator by adding the procedure name in

Schema Filters.

Steps: Click on any LAC project --> On the Left Panel Click on DataSources-->Schema Filters Tab-->Add the procedure name you want to exclude.

Can we fetch limited rows from a table using GET call on its API created by LAC?

You can fetch limited no fo rows depending upon the page size.

Please follow the below link

Pagination - CA Live API Creator - 4.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

How to give access to specific procedure and table to a user and disable all other in a data source for him?

For LAC Project Specific you can create a Team Space 

Manage TeamSpaces - CA Live API Creator - 4.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

As per your requirement, I guess you need to create a user inside a lac project in which he/she will be having access to a particular resource, so for that, you need to create a ROLE inside a LAC Project and provide this role with a certain set of access permissions. Then create User and add this Role to that user.

Please find the below Screenshot for the reference

Thanks,

Irfan

• 3.  Re: Query in Live API Creator

Posted Nov 01, 2018 03:04 AM

Hi Irfan,

Thanks for such a quick response. The solution you provided really helped me in solving my queries.

Regards,

Himanshu