AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  file_canRead, file_exist always return false

Posted Nov 01, 2018 09:48 PM

Hello,

I'm currently trying to use the file-level javascript functions in CA WLA DE 12 and so far, file_canRead, file_exist always returns false even if the file resides on the same computer as the server/agent and the user ID used to run the job has read and modify access. I am using a windows job type and below are the job definitions and the screenshot of the file access.

I'm wondering maybe there's some pre-check that needs to be done in order for this file-level functions to work (e.g. update something in the agentparm.text of the server/agent, etc.) or in the job definition?

Any help/insight is appreciated. Thanks.

• 2.  Re: file_canRead, file_exist always return false
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2018 10:35 AM

The file should be present on the same computer where DE Server is installed, and you don't need to set any parameter on the agent side. In this case, it's like the file/path is not accessible to the DE Server. If you need to run with user ID, make sure that the user ID has access and permissions. Below are screenshots from my test environment;

• 3.  Re: file_canRead, file_exist always return false

Posted Nov 12, 2018 09:57 PM

Thanks Olusegun. I can see that it only works when the file is on the DE server. Is there any way to make it work when a file is on an Agent that is different than the DE server? We would need to use this function/s on different agents that's not DE server.

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: file_canRead, file_exist always return false

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2018 04:37 PM

You are welcome! It only works when the file is on the same computer as DE, this is the current design.