CA Service Management

• 1.  CA Service Management create new report and issue and duplicate files attachment

Posted Nov 02, 2018 05:09 AM

I install CA ITPAM 4.3 Patch 2, CA Service Desk ,CA Service Catalog, CA Unified Self-Service 17.1 Patch 1

When I create new Report and Issue on USS and I attach more files. After I click submit button and open my request that I  found files duplicate. 

1. I create new Report and Issue and attach files name ("A1.txt,A2.txt,A3.txt,A4.txt") but It duplicate files name ("A2.txt,A3.txt"). You see below picture.

CA USS Web Screen

2. I open Service Desk and I found duplicate files name ("A2.txt,A3.txt"). You see below picture.

CA Service Desk Screen

What shall I do,Please help me.

• 2.  Re: CA Service Management create new report and issue and duplicate files attachment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2018 08:57 AM

Komgrit,

How many files did you attach in USS,  just 4 of them?   Or Just 4 and then 2 more again?

thx

_R

• 3.  Re: CA Service Management create new report and issue and duplicate files attachment

Posted Nov 05, 2018 03:50 AM

Just 4 and then more than 10 times, the result is same

• 4.  Re: CA Service Management create new report and issue and duplicate files attachment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2018 07:25 PM

OK, in my 17.1.01 tests, it looked fine.  One USS -> Catalog request,  3 attachments  showed up as 3 attachments in SDM (as hyperlinks to Catalog of course).

Is it possible that you have a case, 01211427Escalatedwith Support on this matter?

_R

• 5.  Re: CA Service Management create new report and issue and duplicate files attachment
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2018 09:16 AM

Good Afternoon Komgrit.

I performed a quick local 17.1.RU1(+patches) test.
    In USS-UI,
    - hit 'report an issue',
    - add comment+attachment+post 3 times
    - hit Submit
    >1 no request creation conformation-popup appears
    >2 the SC-request gets created though
    >3 the linked/corresponding SDM-incident gets created too
    >3 no attachments at all visible in both the SC-request as well *** the SDM-incident.

On a local 14.1 environment all works okay.

Perhaps it is best, you open a standard case for full analysis and follow-up?

Thanks and kind regards, Louis.