CA Service Management

• 1.  Change request status in USS

Posted Nov 01, 2018 02:42 PM

Dears, 

Can anyone help on this query, mark the incident in USS as completed or closed after reporting an issue from SC once the incident is closed in SDM

Thanks and Regards

• 2.  Re: Change request status in USS

Posted Nov 01, 2018 08:10 PM

Hi,

The system is capable of doing this by itself. The background/primary server runs a process called the catalog_sync_daemon. This process will synchronize status and activities from service desk to service catalog. To configure it review the settings in options manager under Service Catalog. You need to provide a valid user/pass so it can log into service catalog to perform the necessary web service calls and you can also define which activities are synchronized to the service catalog notes. Keep in mind if the external system ticket is cleared from an incident/request which came from catalog that can cause the synchronization not to take place. Service Desk uses the external system ticket to store the relationship back to catalog.

Once you have options manager configured restart all service desk service. You can review the cacalog_sync log file on the background/primary server to see if there are any issues connecting to service catalog. 

Hope this helps.  

• 3.  Re: Change request status in USS

Posted Nov 02, 2018 04:34 AM

Hi if I want to sync the CL status in SDM in SC then I have to have to insert in SDM option manager under Service Catalog, catalog_sync in addition to LOG, CL for close and any other status. it shall reflect in SC.

one more do I have to add same status in SC?

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Change request status in USS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2018 08:58 AM

Hi there,

SDM -> Catalog sync only syncs CL  status out of the box.

_R

• 5.  Re: Change request status in USS

Posted Nov 02, 2018 10:46 AM

That’s right, one that’s also easy to miss is ssl certificates. If you specify an https url for service catalog you’ll need to add the certificate from that url into the sdm java keystore. Took us a while to figure that out.