DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Detached configurations in hp_3par

Posted Nov 02, 2018 10:35 AM

Is there a better/faster way to delete Detached Configurations from this probe rather than selecting one at a time and choosing Delete? I often get hundreds of these and it takes a long time to click every single one and choose delete individually.

• 2.  Re: Detached configurations in hp_3par

Posted Nov 02, 2018 12:33 PM

No bulk delete, however it can be disabled.

1. Navigate to the Detached Configuration node.
    2. The Detached Configuration node contains the components that are deleted from the cloud deployment but are still monitored from the probe.
    3. Click the Options (icon) next to the component name select Delete to stop receiving alerts for the component.
    4. Click Save.

Now, the probe stops sending false alerts for the deleted components.

• 3.  Re: Detached configurations in hp_3par

Posted Nov 02, 2018 01:33 PM

That's the manual method I'm trying to avoid with hundreds of them to process.

• 4.  Re: Detached configurations in hp_3par

Posted Nov 05, 2018 11:53 AM

Hi dgill_gocloudwave.com I had the same issue and the way I had to remove 100's of those detached configurations was to disable the profile, Save Probe, De-Activate Probe. Go into probe directory and then there should be a folder specific to that profile. Delete it. Then turn probe back on and then re-enable the profile. 

You can disable Self-monitoring alarms by adding:

enable_self_monitoring_alarm = false

under <setup> of the probe in question.

• 5.  Re: Detached configurations in hp_3par

Posted Nov 05, 2018 05:16 PM

There was no folder named after the profile, but there were several files inside the data directory that I deleted and that did the trick. Thank you.