DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Missing .NET Metrics

Posted Nov 02, 2018 12:19 PM

Hi,

I believe the missing .NET metrics is related to .Net agent does not work - CA Knowledge  however there is logging that I wanted clarification on. 

I'm seeing the following in the IntroscopeAgent.PerformCollectorAgent_exe log: 

[WARN] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] Heartbeat: PerfMonServiceThread, Behavior: PerfMonBehavior has been running for excessively long time (177433 ms).

Additionally I saw in the nativeprofiler log the below. Is this related to the profiler hijacking described on the KB article?

Hijacked [mscorlib]System.AppDomain::SetupDomain
    Instrumented [mscorlib]System.AppDomain::SetupDomain - 0x0(12)
    Instrumented [PerfMonCollectorAgent]com.wily.introscope.perfmonservice.PerfMonCollectorServiceMain::Main - 0x0(12)

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Missing .NET Metrics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2018 09:18 AM

Can someone help Samanatha with suggestions and next steps?

• 3.  Re: Missing .NET Metrics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2018 07:20 PM

Hi Samantha,

I have seen that nativeprofiler log message in previous cases and it is something the agent is normally logging so not relevant to a possible COR_PROFILER environment variable hijacking by another application.

So you only see the the PerfMon Collector Agent process/metrics in the Metric Browser and you see no .NET application processes/metrics?

Are the applications running under IIS or are they standalone .NET applications?

Apart from the nativeprofiler_PerfMonCollectorAgent.exe.log for the PerfMon Collector Agent are nativeprofiler logs being created for any applications?

Thanks

Lynn

• 4.  Re: Missing .NET Metrics

Posted Nov 05, 2018 08:39 AM

Hi Lynn,

Currently within the Investigator, I can see the Node > .NET Process > PerfMonCollectoAgent.exe. However for the nodes they should also have another agent running specific to a service running for the application. On the node all logging stopped writing 11/2 @ 9:21AM EST. When checking the COR_PROFILER I did see the it was being hijacked by SCOM w. APM however wasn't sure if the additional logging that I saw indicates anything else that we should be concerned with.

Thanks!

Sam

• 5.  Re: Missing .NET Metrics
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2018 09:18 AM

If the SCOM is hijacking the cor_profiler then the .NET agent will not report the metrics.