Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to handle multiple request and response in LISA with different approach.

Posted Nov 05, 2018 11:55 AM

Hi, I am working in a Banking project and I have created Virtual Service with JMS protocol.

The challenge which I am facing now is, request has lots of permutation& combination. I can add so many request in my VS, I have already added around 30 different request but still not covering all request types.

So I need a Virtual Service which will listen every request and based on the request it will give exact response even if it is not recorded.

Can anyone help me, how to achieve this? 

• 2.  Re: How to handle multiple request and response in LISA with different approach.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2018 12:00 PM

You can customize response in VSM or in a Match Script for a specific transaction. If you can open a support ticket, we can schedule a WebEx and look at the functionality what you are looking.

• 3.  Re: How to handle multiple request and response in LISA with different approach.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2018 12:04 PM

If you can limit the request arguments from your incoming request to a minimal number, e.g. 1 or 2. Meaning that depending on the incoming data values for these 2 arguments (e.g. x and y) you can decide which response has to be returned then proceed as follows:

•   Add a Request Data Manager DPH to your listen step

•   Add “Keep argument x” and “Keep argument y”

•   Reduce the arguments in your signatures within in your .vsi to only argument x and argument y

As Prema just offered, CA support can go over this approach with you (that is if this approach is a solution to your requirement)

Cheers,

Danny

• 4.  Re: How to handle multiple request and response in LISA with different approach.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2018 02:57 PM

You might have a requirement for having different business processes for each of your different data combinations, supported by one data structure. The approaches that Prema and Danny suggest are for when the business process is the same for the different data combinations, and there are some instances when this isn't the correct approach.

Combinatorial testing is the practice of navigating down the combinations of data which are likely to cause errors. It is a QA discipline that needs careful configuration to make sure you are testing the likely error combinations. That, or a model-based testing approach.

CA Agile Requirements Designer makes combinatorial testing easy, by presenting users with the graphical model, highlighting the paths. Combine this with the data shredding and synthetic generation capabilities in CA TDM, and you have the ability to automatically generate messages for each of the different combinations of data. We have an integration between the output of this process and running virtual services, so SV fully supports this method of testing, and your virtual service will listen to every request, giving an exact match.

Each of the three products have good use cases. Combine them together, with the out-of-the-box integration points, and you get a compelling use case for the automation of this kind of advanced testing technique.