CA Service Management

• 1.  Difference of System time and specific number of days

Posted Nov 06, 2018 02:50 AM

The goal is, I would like to check if it is already 3 days has passed since the ticket is transferred to a specific group? Is it possible to compute this in a COND SPEL? 

• 2.  Re: Difference of System time and specific number of days

Posted Nov 06, 2018 03:06 AM

Hi,

can you share more details about what you are trying to achieve?  One way to approach this might be to attach an event to your ticket with a 3-day delay when it is assigned to a particular group. On firing, have the event condition check whether the ticket has been transferred elsewhere since the event was attached, and if not, allow the event to do whatever it needs to.  If you can give some more details of your use case we can probably be more helpful.

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: Difference of System time and specific number of days

Posted Nov 06, 2018 03:09 AM

...but to answer your original question, you can check whether a number of days / hours have elapsed since a particular time using something like this:

https://communities.ca.com/thread/241817386-date-field-validation-rule-in-change-order?commentID=242150904&et=watches.em…

Regards,

James

• 4.  Re: Difference of System time and specific number of days

Posted Nov 06, 2018 10:06 PM

What I am trying to achieve is that, when a ticket is assigned to a specific group and it stays there for about 3 days minimum, it will trigger a notification to that specific group.

• 5.  Re: Difference of System time and specific number of days

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2018 11:13 AM

Chad, I think you would need to add a trigger and use some spel code for this purpose. Thanks _Chi