CA Service Management

• 1.  Filtering Incidents Presented from Update Children

Posted Nov 06, 2018 01:08 PM

I'm working in Service Desk Manager 17.1. We have a requirement that incidents cannot have a "grandparent" relationship. I need to find a way to exclude incidents that have children from the query when a user clicks the Update Children button. The function called from the button is update_children on the in_relreq_tab.htmpl form. Is there a way to default this field on list_in.htmpl when the button Update Children button is clicked and prevent the user from removing the filter using Clear Filter : searchFilterDropdown("Child Type","child_type","","Not A Child","0","Child","1");

I have done similar things on dtlLookup fields using the following method but cannot figure out how to do it from the button click:

Added to detail_in form on Group field
    extraURL="QBE.EQ.z_incident_group=1+KEEP.IncidentGroup=1"
    Added to list_cnt form
    <PDM_IF "$args.KEEP.IncidentGroup" == "1">
    document.write('<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="QBE.EQ.z_incident_group" value="1">');
    </PDM_IF>

• 2.  Re: Filtering Incidents Presented from Update Children

Posted Nov 13, 2018 11:01 AM

HI.

This is not a complete answer but might give you, what you are looking for

The "Not a Child" will be translated into a "parent is null" whereclause part,

while the "Child" will be translated into "parent is not null".

Both can be achieved by the following QBE parameters:

QBE.NU.parent=1 ("parent is null")

QBE.NN.parent=1 ("parent is not null")

This and your usual approach might work together well.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards

...........Michael

• 3.  Re: Filtering Incidents Presented from Update Children

Posted Nov 16, 2018 02:42 PM

The first part I have an issue with is how to default this coming from the Update Children button. There doesn't seem to be a way to pass information from this button to the list_in.htmpl as there is from a Lookup Field. Second, it looks like the Child Type field won't work as it doesn't do what I need. I need to find incidents that don't have children.

• 4.  Re: Filtering Incidents Presented from Update Children

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 13, 2018 11:42 AM

if you use incidents only, you can think about use some data partition on Call_Req table for update type with "parent is null" constraint...when there are parents there are no children.