Rally Software

• 1.  I have a user who cannot edit a story in full view but can in the quick view

Posted Nov 06, 2018 11:47 AM

A user came to me today and said she cannot edit a user story in the full view but can in the quick view.  In full view she cannot update the owner, add attachments (no ability to add attachments appears), cannot type or update description.  She is an editor for the team and should have rights.  Any idea what the issue might be or a way to resolve? She logged into two different browsers and logged into her account from my pc.  Same issue.

Thoughts?

• 2.  Re: I have a user who cannot edit a story in full view but can in the quick view
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 06, 2018 12:52 PM

Hey Rob, sounds like she is probably set in "Viewing" mode in full-view editable detail page (EDP). That is an option in EDP that certainly has caused some confusion. 

Take a look at this KB - this may have happened: Agile Central - Editing and Viewing: Selecting "No - CA Knowledge 

Or, she can just switch back to Editing mode:

• 3.  Re: I have a user who cannot edit a story in full view but can in the quick view

Posted Nov 06, 2018 04:27 PM

After I posted the question I looked at her profile and she had changed that default view.   Thanks for the response.

• 4.  Re: I have a user who cannot edit a story in full view but can in the quick view

Posted Nov 06, 2018 05:01 PM

Glad to hear it!