Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

GA Announcement for CA Business Intelligence (CABI) JasperReports® Server v7.1

• 1.  GA Announcement for CA Business Intelligence (CABI) JasperReports® Server v7.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2018 04:04 PM

November 6, 2018

To:          CA Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) Customers

Subject: General Availability Announcement for CA Business Intelligence (CABI) JasperReports® Server v 7.1

On behalf of CA Technologies, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that CABI JasperReports Server v 7.1 is now available for CA PPM On Premise and SaaS customers.

New features for CABI JasperReports Server 7.1 include:

• Visualize.js Ad Hoc View Support. Visualize.js provides new building blocks to embed Ad Hoc views, helping application developers build modern, immersive experiences
    • Ad hoc view enhancement including the option to remove missing items from ad hoc view when they are removed from domain, ability to define basic Time Balance properties on measures, Grouping by Day of the Week, and more
    • Ability to create a regular expression that validates the queries defined for Domain derived tables
    • Several new features added to TIBCO Jaspersoft® Studio
    • Support for Microsoft SQL Server® 2016
    • Several security improvements, such as mechanism to protect against clickjacking attacks.

We encourage you to visit the CA PPM product information page at CA Support Online for more information. In addition, the full product documentation can be found at https://docops.ca.com.

If you are an On Premise customer, you can download your copy of CABI JasperReports Server v 7.1 from CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/) where you can also utilize CA’s case management system. To install your product, follow the installation procedures for your product at DocOps.ca.com.

If you are a SaaS customer, you will be notified by SaaS Operations as to when your non-production and production CABI JasperReports Server will be upgraded to v7.1.

Customers using TIBCO Jaspersoft Studio Professional 6.4.2 will need to upgrade their client to TIBCO Jaspersoft Studio Professional 7.1, which can be downloaded from here by CA PPM SaaS customers and https://support.ca.com by CA PPM On Premise customers.

CABI JasperReports Server v 7.1 is supported with CA PPM versions that are still within their service date. You can find the CA PPM support lifecycle dates here.

If you have any questions or require assistance, contact CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx.

Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features or implementing this latest release, our CA Services experts can help. For more information on CA Services and how you can leverage our expertise, please visit www.ca.com/services. To connect, learn and share with other customers, join and participate in our CA PPM CA Community.

To review CA Support lifecycle policies, please review the CA Support Policy and Terms located at https://support.ca.com.

Thank you again for your business. Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.

Thank you, 

CA Technologies PPM Product Team 

Connect with CA Technologies  

more

ca.com |  about us |  contact us |  news |  events |  careers |  legal |  privacy | 

CA, 520 Madison Avenue, 22nd Floor, New York, NY 10022 Copyright © 2018 CA. All rights reserved. TIBCO, Jaspersoft, and JasperReports are either registered trademarks or trademarks of TIBCO Software Inc. and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Microsoft and SQL Server are registered trademarks of Microsoft and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. All trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.

• 2.  Re: GA Announcement for CA Business Intelligence (CABI) JasperReports® Server v7.1

Posted Nov 06, 2018 04:09 PM

• 3.  Re: GA Announcement for CA Business Intelligence (CABI) JasperReports® Server v7.1

Posted Nov 07, 2018 12:48 AM

Has anyone undertaken a review of new features available in V7.1 which would assist PPM clients?  For example, a better Gantt Component which can be run from PPM is on my wish list.

• 4.  Re: GA Announcement for CA Business Intelligence (CABI) JasperReports® Server v7.1

Posted Dec 10, 2018 05:47 PM

I clicked on the links in the document.. none of them worked. In the Document section I searched on Jaspersoft and Jaspersever and found info about 6.x but nothing about 7.x

You should test your links before providing them to the public!

• 5.  Re: GA Announcement for CA Business Intelligence (CABI) JasperReports® Server v7.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2018 02:09 AM

Hi Konda Pulley,

Sorry to hear the same, can you try this link and see if this works Advanced Reporting with Jaspersoft - CA PPM - 15.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 6.  Re: GA Announcement for CA Business Intelligence (CABI) JasperReports® Server v7.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2018 08:27 AM

Regarding some broken links, I definitely agree with you -- let us know where since I am not seeing broken links here. 

If you sign in at docops.ca.com, and search for Jaspersoft, you will get good results:

Hope this helps!

• 7.  Re: GA Announcement for CA Business Intelligence (CABI) JasperReports® Server v7.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2018 08:38 AM

Here's another example, showing an earlier release (15.3 from Sep 2017) where the user is searching for Jaspersoft 7.1.

• 8.  Re: GA Announcement for CA Business Intelligence (CABI) JasperReports® Server v7.1

Posted Dec 11, 2018 04:29 PM
      |   view attached

I am logged into the system. When I click on the link below it takes me to the Docops page but doesn’t take me to the installation instructions. I have typed in “jasper” Jaspersoft, Jasperreports, cabi jasperreports, install jasper and I get nothing! – Jaspersoft is not listed as a CA Product.

To install your product, follow the installation procedures for your product at DocOps.ca.com<https://docops.ca.com/>.

Happy Holidays,

Konda Pulley

(210) 265-9921

• 9.  Re: GA Announcement for CA Business Intelligence (CABI) JasperReports® Server v7.1

Posted Dec 11, 2018 04:49 PM

Hi Konda - I was able to find by going to the CA PPM 15.5 page on DocOps: CA PPM - CA PPM - 15.5 - CA Technologies Documentation  then I searched on Jaspersoft and saw the below. Hopefully this helps. Regards, Chris

• 10.  Re: GA Announcement for CA Business Intelligence (CABI) JasperReports® Server v7.1

Posted Dec 11, 2018 04:54 PM
      |   view attached

Thank you

Happy Holidays,

Konda Pulley

(210) 265-9921

• 11.  Re: GA Announcement for CA Business Intelligence (CABI) JasperReports® Server v7.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2018 07:07 AM

It's probably worth mentioning that CA PPM integrates the reporting capabilities of Jaspersoft which is created by TIBCO, a global leader in integration and analytics software. You can find a great deal of content out there about Jaspersoft, but always best to check back here with CA because we are interested in the compatibility, vis-a-vis "Jaspersoft as seen through/with CA PPM". When you get to docops, enter "ppm" or "ca ppm" and go to the CA PPM documentation. (As shortcuts, you can use https://docops.ca.com/ppmop  and https://docops.ca.com/ppmod; only the last char changes, short for on-prem and on-demand or saas.) Then, once you are in and signed in, you can search on anything. Use unique words. If you just Google search "ca ppm 15.5.1 jaspersoft 7.1" you will also get good results but Google does not index many of our docops pages so for best results, try Google first and then sign-in to docops, communities, and support and try your search again. I appreciate your feedback. And Happy Holidays as well.