DX NetOps

• 1.  NCM Task Stopping

Posted Nov 07, 2018 03:53 AM

Hi All,

NCM task is in stopping state for last 2 days ,how do i force stop and start it back .I have killed the service after that also and same issue .Kindly suggest 

• 2.  Re: NCM Task Stopping

Posted Nov 07, 2018 05:20 PM

This is quite an old article but few things might still be relevant, did you try this ?

https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-97445459#jive_content_id_How_to_stop_a_hung_task_to_start_a_new_one 

1. Stop and restart your ncmservice. The old school does it the cmdC/launchinstdbapp way:
      1. become root
      2. execute $SPECROOT/bin/cmdC hostname 2 NCMSERV
      3. become your spectrum user
      4. execute $SPECROOT/bin/launchinstdbapp hostname NCMSERV y $SPECROOT/NCM/NCMSERV.OUT 
        replace "hostname" with your primary SS's hostname value.
    2. Set the task's state attribute to "inactive"
      Easiest done with CLI, you would need your Global Sync Task model handle.
      1. become your spectrum user
      2. navigate to $SPECROOT/vnmsh
      3. execute connect
      4. execute update mh=`show models|grep -i "global sync task"|awk '{print $1}'` attr=0x820042,val=0
      5. execute disconnect
        You can also do it with OneClick's attribute editor, add a User definded attribute to the list (browse "Other" model types for "NCM_Global_Sync_Task" and select the "NCM_Task_State" attribute), while editing, there is a drop down list with "Stopping", "Running" and "Inactive".
    3. Re-schedule your task.
      You will notice that the models you see in the Global Sync Task's "Remaining devices" list cannot be processed manually, i.e. a configuration fetch via the device's information view results in an NCM pending process error. This is somethng even CA seems to be unsure about; restarting your SpectroSERVER usually helps. I strongly advise everyone to either upgrade to SP2 or not to use the Global Sync Task!

• 3.  Re: NCM Task Stopping

Posted Nov 08, 2018 02:13 AM

Thanks Phani ,done with the below procedure .

"You can also do it with OneClick's attribute editor, add a User definded attribute to the list (browse "Other" model types for "NCM_Global_Sync_Task" and select the "NCM_Task_State" attribute), while editing, there is a drop down list with "Stopping", "Running"and Inactive"

By anyway can we get a alert if it goes to hung state ?

• 4.  Re: NCM Task Stopping

Posted Nov 08, 2018 05:11 PM

Good to know  it helped, see if you can create a watch on"NCM_Task_State" attribute , this might help trigger an alert .

• 5.  Re: NCM Task Stopping

Posted Nov 10, 2018 10:17 AM

Thanks ,Let me check this too.

• 6.  Re: NCM Task Stopping

Posted May 16, 2019 04:26 AM

There is no watch option to create ,Anyone has done ?