Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Auto-population of fields in Automic v 11.2

Posted Nov 07, 2018 12:18 PM

I am working on creating a single workflow for a process that we have ( currently there are a number of them, one for each customer).  At one point, there's a promptset which should allow the operator to select which customer's parameters will be used for execution.  The first field is basically an acronym for the customer's company name and is operator-selectable.  I've got that set up, and I can select one of a number of customers.  The second field is where I'm having some difficulty.  It's a field that won't allow the operator to change anything, it's merely informational.   I would like it to populate with the full name of the customer whenever the corresponding acronym is selected in the first field.  I've tried an EXEC VARA, referencing a script that pulls the appropriate column in a static VARA, I've also tried to have it resolve the variable with an entry in the second field with something like {VARA.COMPANY.INFO,&$SELECT#,2}.  Neither approach seems to be working.  I'd like to have it dynamically update the second field based on the first field's selection.  I've looked at the documentation and it's not real clear on how to approach this.  Has anyone had a similar issue, and found an approach that worked?

Secondly, would a better approach be to pull the parameters from a simple table using a SQL VARA?  If that's the case, I'd like to have it behave in a similar manner.  Any thoughts on how to approach this?

Thanks!

Scott

• 2.  Re: Auto-population of fields in Automic v 11.2

Posted Nov 07, 2018 01:00 PM

Hi ScottWirth 

From the information on the post, it sound like this is for Automic Workload Automation but I wanted to confirm with you and see if this is the case.  If so I will moved the post out of this CA Automic Community section and into the CA Automic Workload Automation section.

Thanks,
    Luu

• 3.  Re: Auto-population of fields in Automic v 11.2

Posted Nov 07, 2018 01:14 PM

Yes, that is correct.   Please move it to the appropriate area.  Thanks!

Scott

• 4.  Re: Auto-population of fields in Automic v 11.2

Posted Nov 07, 2018 01:24 PM

Hi Scott,

Thank you for confirmation, I have moved the post to the CA Automic Workload Automation section.

-Luu

• 5.  Re: Auto-population of fields in Automic v 11.2

Posted Nov 07, 2018 02:19 PM

You can mark the second promptset variable as "dynamic" so that it will be able to use the results of the first variable inside of a database query.

Here is an example;

https://communities.ca.com/message/242096923?commentID=242096923#comment-242096923