Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  How do I run dependency flow

Posted Nov 07, 2018 12:44 PM
      |   view attached

People, I wish to have a workflow, as follows, I have not yet figured out how to do in the tool - CA - WORKLOAD - DE.

And I have three Jobs - JOB_A, JOB_B_JOB_C and two dependent jobs linked in these three: JOB_D and JOB_E

JOB_D can only have the offset to it if one of the jobs (JOB_A, JOB_B_JOB_C) goes into abort. JOB_E only executes if all three successfully complete.

So even if one job generates error (JOB_A, JOB_B_JOB_C) and the others end in success, it defaults to JOB_D.

Do I have to do this?

Regards

• 2.  Re: How do I run dependency flow

Posted Nov 07, 2018 01:01 PM

I'm assuming "CA - WORKLOAD - DE" is referring to the AWA application here.

I would think you should be able to do what you're asking with the job dependencies in your workflow.

Your workflow can start with JOB_A, JOB_B, and JOB_C all running in parallel.  JOB_D and JOB_E should appear in the next column, in parallel, with lines connecting JOB_A, JOB_B, and JOB_C to each of them.

In JOB_D's Dependencies, select the 'All states must match' radio button, and configure it so that JOB_A, JOB_B, and JOB_C are each using a status of ENDED_OK (or perhaps ANY_OK), else Skip.

If JOB_E's Dependencies, select the 'At least one status must match' radio button, and configure it so that JOB_A, JOB_B, and JOB_C are each using a status of ENDED_NOT_OK, else Skip.

(I'm assuming JOB_D and JOB_E then both connect to the <END> task; if so, be sure to use dependencies like ANY_OK or ENDED_OK_OR_EMPTY to allow for one of them to have been skipped.)

• 3.  Re: How do I run dependency flow

Posted Nov 07, 2018 01:28 PM

Hi Daryl, 

Many thanks for your message. But we do not have these options (ENDED_OK, ENDED_NOT_OK, ENDED_OK_OR_EMPTY) to make these dependencies in this WorkLoad tool.
    What we have is very restricted according to the figure I send you.
    Best Regards,

• 4.  Re: How do I run dependency flow

Posted Nov 07, 2018 01:32 PM

Okay, it doesn't sound like you're using Automic Workload Automation here -- that screenshot came from some other application.

Can you confirm which application you're using here, again?

• 5.  Re: How do I run dependency flow

Posted Nov 07, 2018 02:07 PM

We used this scheduler tool