This has been opened into CA TICKET: 01235680
I am raising this as a discussion to see if this is affecting additional parties.
We suddenly have been experiencing a problem where when completing the submission of a form through Unified Self Service or Service Catalog. The system has been unable to appropriately process the data it has been given. Resulting in invalid returns. After investigating the issue we have determined that the latest release of Chrome 70.0.3538.77 is causing the problem. We also tested this problem on all of our environments across development, test, and production. The problem is the same as long as this browser is being used.
When using IE the problem does not occur. Our Catalog and USS environments are working on the latest patching releases that we have from CA. Which includes:
Wed 08/15/2018 7:48:28.77 Installed CA_SLCM_r17.1
Wed 08/15/2018 8:25:31.69 Installed r17.1.01_6D9364
Wed 08/22/2018 14:19:23.50 Installed r18.104.22.168_6D9385
Thu 09/20/2018 8:32:05.59 Installed r22.214.171.124_6D9388
When filling out the form and clicking on an onLookup function within the form. You receive a pop-up to fill in the appropriate information to provide a returned query. Once returned you select your option and click OK. Now if I take my mouse and highlight this field from RIGHT TO LEFT you'll see that an extra tabbed space shows up following the value. This space is causing all of our validations to fail as we do not currently trim() anything via the programming.
We loaded up a test environment and attempted to complete the form on Chrome Release 69.0.3497.92 and the problem DOES NOT exist. It appears to have only surfaced during the last upgrade from them.
This excessive blank space being returned after the value is causing significant issues. We can use Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox as workarounds for the time being. And we are looking into trimming this. But the question is more around why is this suddenly happening when this was not a problem before.