Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

• 1.  How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Nov 08, 2018 12:47 PM

How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP. If it is possible, please share me the sample script.

• 2.  Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2018 01:07 PM

No scripting needed. Use Request DataCopier DPH to copy metadata to properties.

(Best to use "request" as prefix)

Then use {{request_ downloaden

• 3.  Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Nov 08, 2018 01:19 PM

Could you please tell me how to use the metadata property in response ? Please provide more details or screenshots.

FYI...I'm trying to send meta data (all the key-value pairs from the incoming request) in response. 

Thank you.

• 4.  Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Nov 08, 2018 01:36 PM

Actually there are more than 250 key-value pairs in the request meta data and these key-value pairs are dynamic depends on the incoming request.

I want to copy the meta data and pass the same in response at runtime.

• 5.  Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2018 05:22 AM

Ok, I didn’t realize that you wanted to return an unknown number of unknown request header key-value pairs.

The solution with the Request Data Copier and then just using {{request_xyz}} in your response is when you know what you get and what you want to do with it.

Second simplest solution, put the following in your response:

{{=lisa_vse_request.getMetaData().toString();}}

This will dump the request metadata ParameterList as a long string of key-value pairs separated by ‘&’. Is that sufficient for your requirement?

If you want nicely formatted key-value pairs then you will have to a Execute Script step, scripted assertion or response-side Scripted DPH to loop over the lisa_vse_request.getMetaData() ParameterList object and format the output of each key and its value.

Cheers,

Danny

• 6.  Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2018 06:28 AM

I just realized you can do some simple formatting putting each key-value pair on a different line:

{{=lisa_vse_request.getMetaData().toString().replace('&','\n');}}

And actually, you can go pretty wild with this, here is something similar but now it outputs a little xml structure

{{="

:

:

BUT, here the assumption is that the value of any request header does NOT contain any ‘&’ or ‘=’ character because that will kind of mess up the output. See the above Content-Type request header which originally contains the string “text/xml; charset=utf-8”

If it is for you to just quickly assess if some key-value pair is there that might still be ok? If it needs to be “official” then you still might have to resort to some scripting that loops over the ParameterList

Cheers,

Danny

• 7.  Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Nov 09, 2018 07:31 AM

Thanks Danny.

I'm able to get the meta data using {{=lisa_vse_request.getMetaData().toString().replace('&','\n');}} property. But I want to send this as response meta data.

Could you please let me know how to configure request meta data (key-value pairs) in response meta data (key-value pairs).

(or)

Now I have created a VS using R-R pairs (request and response are in fixed length) and Sidecar files. I'm getting expected response in RFHUtil-Data, MQMD and RFH tabs, but I'm getting RFHUtil-usr tab as blank. Please let me know how to add Usr header and properties in VSI.

I'm using DevTest Solutions V10.1.0 and the Transport Protocol is IBM Native Protocol.

Thanks

Shashavali

• 8.  Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2018 08:11 AM

As you are putting an (or) in your request for help, I think you should focus on the second part, that seems to be your real requirement.

@All, if someone can give Shashavali some pointers on how to get some data in the MQ RFH  Usr header?

@ Shashavali, I would contact CA Support for assistance on your question

Regarding moving metadata from request to response, does it make sense to blindly copy metadata? If it does then do as follows:

Add a Scripted Assertion to your “VS Image Response Selection” step.

Configure as “If False then Fail the Test”

Add following code:

for (int i = 0; i < lisa_vse_response.size() ;i++)

{

lisa_vse_response.get(i).getMetaData().addAll(lisa_vse_request.getMetaData());

}

return true;

This will add (blindly) all the metadata fields from your request to each of your responses.

Cheers,

Danny

• 9.  Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Nov 09, 2018 09:13 AM

Hi Danny,

I'm sorry to bother you.

Instead of meta data, I want to copy <usr></usr> folder from the incoming request to response. There are more than 150 user properties and I can't configure manually in VSI. This is the exact requirement. Please advise.

Thanks

Shashavali

• 10.  Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2018 09:43 AM

Apologies but there’s way to little information for now. You have to share the structure of the source info. Where do you find this  folder? Is that in the request body, in the metadata, ...? And where does it need to go?

Cheers,

Danny

• 11.  Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Nov 10, 2018 09:25 AM

Hi Danny,

I'm able to add the usr properties in Response tab. Please see the below screenshot for more information:

I could see the usr properties in the metadata of incoming request. PFB.

metaData=msg.characterSet=819>
    <msg.replyToQueueManagerName=replyToQueueManagerName>
    <msg.putApplicationType=6>
    <msg.messageType=1>
    <msg.putTime=13480176>
    <msg.replyToQueueName=replyToQueueName>
    <msg.correlationId=correlationId>
    <msg.format=MQHRF2>
    <msg.messageId=messageId>
    <msg.putApplicationName=putApplicationName>
    <msg.priority=0>
    <msg.persistence=0>
    <msg.putDate=20181110>
    <Payload.RFH.StructLength=8532>
    <Payload.RFH.CharacterSet=819>
    <Payload.RFH.Format=MQSTR>
    <Payload.RFH.NameValueCcsid=1208>
    <Payload.LittleEndian=false>
    <Payload.ByteAlign=true>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Encoding=273>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Encoding.template=String>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.CodedCharSetId=819>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.CodedCharSetId.template=String>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Format=MQSTR   >
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Format.template=String>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Version=2>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Version.template=String>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Report=0>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Report.template=String>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.MsgType=8>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.MsgType.template=String>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Expiry=-1>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Expiry.template=String>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Feedback=0>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Feedback.template=String>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Priority=0>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Priority.template=String>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.abcd=N>
    <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.abcd.template=String>
    <Payload.Folders.1.template=usr>
    <Payload.Payload.class=String>
    <Payload.class=RFH>
    <channel.name=Request 1

Above is the sample request meta data.

Issue: I could see '.' in the usr properties. For example, <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Encoding=273>. I'm unable to add the usr properties which has '.' (InputMQMD.Encoding) in the keys.

Please advise.

Regards

Shashavali

• 12.  Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2018 11:42 PM

Hi Shashavali,

I have no experience with putting RFH headers, my advice is to open a CA Support issue regarding: “I'm unable to add the usr properties which has '.' (InputMQMD.Encoding) in the keys.”

Cheers,

Danny

• 13.  Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Nov 12, 2018 01:10 PM

Hi Danny,

How to modify the meta data in {{lisa.vse.response}} using SDP ?

I'm trying to modify the key of particular meta data in {{lisa.vse.response}}. 

For example : I want to update this <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMDEncoding=273> to <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Encoding=273>.

Please advise.

Regards

Shashavali

• 14.  Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Nov 12, 2018 02:48 PM

Hi Danny,

Regarding moving metadata from request to response, does it make sense to blindly copy metadata? If it does then do as follows:

Add a Scripted Assertion to your “VS Image Response Selection” step.

Configure as “If False then Fail the Test”

Add following code:

{

lisa_vse_response.get(i).getMetaData().addAll(lisa_vse_request.getMetaData());

}

return true;

This will add (blindly) all the metadata fields from your request to each of your responses.

I will try this code and let you know.

Regards

Shashavali

• 15.  Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Nov 12, 2018 02:49 PM

Hi Danny,

How to modify the meta data in {{lisa.vse.response}} using SDP ?

I'm trying to modify the key of particular meta data in {{lisa.vse.response}}. 

For example : I want to update this <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMDEncoding=273> to <Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Encoding=273>.

Please advise.

Regards

Shashavali

• 16.  Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2018 04:01 PM
    Hi Shashavali,
    First I am unfamiliar with these smaller then (<) greater then (>) characters around what appears to be your metadata parameter.
    My assumption is that the origin key is "Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMDEncoding"
    And that the target required key is "Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Encoding"
    As metadata is stored in a structure similar to a java list with key value pairs, the keys cannot be altered. So the approach is create a parameter with target Required key and origin key value; then delete the origin key.
    import com.itko.util.ParameterList;
    import com.itko.util.Parameter;

{
        ParameterList pl = lisa_vse_response.get(i).getMetaData();
        pl.addParameter(new Parameter("Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMD.Encoding", pl.getParameterValue("Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMDEncoding")));
        pl.removeParameter("Payload.Folders.1.Props.InputMQMDEncoding");
    }
    Cheers,
    Danny

• 17.  RE: Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Jul 15, 2019 03:31 PM
    Hi Danny,

The above code is working fine. But I'm not getting the duplicate keys/properties. Please advise.

Thanks
    Shashavali

• 18.  RE: Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Jul 16, 2019 02:11 AM

Ok, we need to invoke addAll method with a second boolean parameter to indicate we want to allow duplicates:

{

lisa_vse_response.get(i).getMetaData().addAll(lisa_vse_request.getMetaData(), true);

}

return true;

Cheers,

Danny

::DISCLAIMER::
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 19.  RE: Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Jul 16, 2019 08:56 AM
    Hi Danny,

Its not working, still facing the same issue. Please check and confirm.

Regards
    Shashavali

• 20.  RE: Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Jul 17, 2019 10:09 AM
    Hi Danny,

I could see this in the SDP sample script. Please suggest.

// Do we want to allow dupes or not?
    p.setAllowDupes(true);
    boolean areDupesAllowed = p.isDupesAllowed();

Regards
    Shashavali

• 21.  RE: Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Jul 18, 2019 03:18 AM

I would have expected that the addAll(<parameterList>,<allowDuplicates>) method would already have enabled this.

But maybe not, so try the below?

{

pl.setAllowDupes(true);

pl.addAll(lisa_vse_request.getMetaData(), true);

}

return true;

Cheers,

Danny

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.

• 22.  RE: Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Jul 18, 2019 04:03 AM
    Hi Danny,

No luck, I'm still facing the same issue. 

Thanks
    Shashavali

• 23.  RE: Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Jul 18, 2019 10:24 AM
    Edited by Deactivated User Jul 18, 2019 10:37 AM
    Hi Danny,

Could you please let me know how to add/remove the properties using below script (Scripted Assertion).

{

pl.setAllowDupes(true);

}

return true;

(or)

{

lisa_vse_response.get(i).getMetaData().addAll(lisa_vse_request.getMetaData(), true);

}

return true;

Thanks
    Shashavali

• 24.  RE: Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Jul 19, 2019 04:53 AM

Hi Shashavali,

I don't understand your exact requirement??? The below script is already adding properties using addAll() method.

You can remove all properties from a ParameterList using the removeAll() method. Example:

{

lisa_vse_response.get(i).getMetaData().removeAll();

}

return true;

Cheers,

Danny

• 25.  RE: Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Jul 17, 2019 10:13 AM
    Ok, then we need to check where it is breaking down.
    First thing to check would be if the method addAll(<ParameterList>,<allowUpdates>) works correctly. We will print out the response parameterlist after updating. You will need to check in the appropriate log file (or in System Messages pane in the workstation) depending on where you run this VSM

{

}

for (int j = 0; j < lisa_vse_response.size() ;j++)

{

System.out.println(" Metadata for response(" + j + ") : " + lisa_vse_response.get(j).getMetaData() );

}

If you notice in the log that the duplicate properties are present then the next step to check would be if the respond step in the VSM is actually sending all metadata (including duplicates) back to the client. Can you let us know what type of virtual service is this? Transport protocol? Data protocol?

Cheers,
    Danny

return true;

------------------------------
    Cheers,
    Danny
    ------------------------------

• 26.  RE: Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Jul 17, 2019 11:32 AM
    Edited by Deactivated User Jul 17, 2019 11:39 AM
    Hi Danny,

We have created a virtual service using fixed length request and response pairs. We are getting expected response data from the VS. 

Issue with MQRFH2 Usr folder (Which has duplicate properties). Using below script we are getting all metadata except duplicates. It means that respond step in VSM is not sending the duplicate properties.

{

}

Transport protocol? IBM MQ Native Transport Protocol
    Data protocol? Null Data Protocol.

FYI.. We are trying to send duplicate User properties in the RFH2 header.

https://docops.ca.com/devtest-solutions/10-2/en/reference/test-step-descriptions/ibm-steps/ibm-mq-native-send-receive-step#IBMMQNativeSendReceiveStep-IBMMQNativeRFH2Header

IBM MQ Native RFH2 Header

The Contents area of the step editor lets you configure the message payload. You can include an RFH2 header by setting the payload type to IBM RFH2 Header.

To edit the properties in the fixed portion of the RFH2 header, click Open Editor to the right of the RFH Header Properties label and click the plus sign to select the properties.

To add a folder to the RFH2 header, perform the following steps:

1. Display the advanced parameters.
    2. Click the plus sign in the RFH2 Folders area.
    3. Select the folder type.

You can now click Open Editor to the right of the folder name to configure the properties in the folder.

Regards
    Shashavali

Thanks
    Shashavali

• 27.  RE: Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Jul 18, 2019 05:17 AM

Hi,

You state "It means that respond step in VSM is not sending the duplicate properties.", how did you verify this?

To verify this you need to be sure that a lisa_vse_response which actually has duplicate meta-data keys is not sending them out. I see 2 ways of verifying:

• First method I already shared, it is to print out the metadata key-value pairs to the log and verifying that addAll() has actually added them. It is unclear from your reply if you already did this?

Try below script and verify in the corresponding log file:

{

pl.setAllowDupes(true);

}

for (int j = 0; j < lisa_vse_response.size() ;j++)

{

System.out.println(" Metadata for response(" + j + ") : " + lisa_vse_response.get(j).getMetaData() );

}

return true;

• Second method would be to manually add a duplicate key-value pair to your metadata in the VSI editor and then run your test against the VS and validate that the Respond step has added the duplicate property.

Cheers,

Danny

• 28.  RE: Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Jul 18, 2019 05:49 AM
    Hi Danny,

Not able to add duplicate User properties in the Response->Body tab, getting error message. Please find below the screenshots:

Thanks
    Shashavali

• 29.  RE: Re: How to access meta data (all key-value pairs) from the incoming request (lisa.vse.request) and pass the meta data (all the key-value pairs from request) in response using SDP.

Posted Jul 18, 2019 06:15 AM

I suggest you open a support ticket for this.

It makes no sense trying accomplish some automation via scripting if a manual (hardcoded) approach already gives issues.

Cheers,

Danny