Rally Software

• 1.  Product Announcement - Convert and Changesets in QDP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2018 12:26 PM

We know you've been missing some of the great full screen EDP editor functionality in the split screen (or QDP) view, so we're working hard to get it added. We're happy to announce that QDP now has convert and changesets!

Convert

We have new and improved convert functionality which should simplify the process for all types of conversions.

Changesets

If you are using one of our version control connectors, you can now see the changesets on your work items in QDP. Just click the Connectors tab to see changesets alongside pull requests.

Give this new functionality a try and let us know what you think! 

• 2.  Re: Product Announcement - Convert and Changesets in QDP

Posted Nov 08, 2018 01:29 PM

Hello Marianne,

This is great news! And definitely a step towards simplifying user navigability.  

I just checked and although I see the changesets section showing up in the "connectors" tab, I don't see the "convert" option under the ellipses yet. Is there something I would need to do to see it?

Also, my request is to add the "copy tasks from" option that is available in the EDP task view to the QDP. Then we can stop switching between these two views for using the different functionalities in these views. 

Once again, this is really great! I'm certainly excited about this. And thank you!

Regards,

Niveditha

• 3.  Re: Product Announcement - Convert and Changesets in QDP

Posted Nov 09, 2018 11:00 AM

I'm seeing the same thing - Changesets now show in QDP, but I don't see the Convert link.  We'd also like to see the Split option on user stories from a QDP.  Currently the only places you can split a user story are from the current EDP page or from a Card or List view such as Iteration Tracking, Custom or Kanban Board, or a Custom List.  None of the newer UI pages like Team Board, QDP, User Story collection on Features, or Work Views have a Split option.

• 4.  Re: Product Announcement - Convert and Changesets in QDP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2018 02:07 PM

Thanks niveditha_nivi and terry.ginzburg, I missed a toggle but convert is now enabled for everyone!

• 5.  Re: Product Announcement - Convert and Changesets in QDP

Posted Nov 09, 2018 02:13 PM

Hey Marianne,

Just checked, it showed up!

Is there plan to make all features of the EDP available in the QDP grama23 ?

Regards,

Niveditha

• 6.  Re: Product Announcement - Convert and Changesets in QDP

Posted Nov 09, 2018 02:19 PM

Yay, Split is now available in QDP as well!  That's a HUGE improvement!

• 7.  Re: Product Announcement - Convert and Changesets in QDP

Posted Feb 15, 2019 12:41 PM

One of my teams recently pointed out that on the Changesets tab in the current Editable Detail Page the list shows the actual Changes rather than the number of Changes. In the QDP Changesets view you only get a count, and can't even drill in to see details. How can they get visibility to the Changes themselves?

• 8.  Re: Product Announcement - Convert and Changesets in QDP

Posted Apr 02, 2019 11:55 AM

I had not noticed the change in behavior when converting defects to user stories.  When using QDP, the defect is DELETED.  This is a terrible idea.  Now we will have defects that disappear from view with no practical traceability.  And if they had duplicates, those relationships are deleted as well.

Please bring back the old behavior (close defect with resolution = Converted) or at least make it the default.

Fortunately, most of our users are not using QDP, so probably little damage has been done.  But if the new EDP has the same behavior, this is unacceptable.

• 9.  Re: Product Announcement - Convert and Changesets in QDP

Posted Apr 02, 2019 12:17 PM

I just tried the new full screen editor (FDP) & it is displaying the same functionality.

Once converted, the original work item is being moved to Recycle bin.