Clarity

• 1.  Timesheet note generated automatically

Posted Nov 08, 2018 01:34 PM

Hi, 

My client is using CA PPM v15.3 and gets an automatic note whenever a timesheet is submitted for approval. 

below the message (in new and old interface): 

"Validation Rules [Default] - succeeded.

Validation -datexx_hourxx" (below a screenshot of a test I performed in old interface) 

any idea on how to deactivate it ? I checked on notification default settings but it is not linked, I reviewed also the object 'Timesheet Rules Configuration' but can't find a way to figure this out... 

As my client is using the new interface, this is quite confusing as the notes are more visible.

thanks in advance for your help ! 

kr, 

Simone

• 2.  Re: Timesheet note generated automatically

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2018 03:25 PM

Hi Simone,

The chances are there is a process that is updating those values.  Go to Administration, Processes and click on the Available tab.  Search for primary object:  timesheet and look at the active timesheet processes.

I hope this helps.

Jeanne

• 3.  Re: Timesheet note generated automatically
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 08, 2018 06:48 PM

Hi simone.vsn,

Validation Rules - timesheet notes will be generated by timesheet validation hook. If you have access to 'ts-validation-setup.xml', you should be able to disable the notes from the xml. Please check if that xml is placed in SFTP(if its on demand) or application server directory.

If you refer to the contents of the xml, you should see addNote attribute. Change addNote to false. If the xml is in app server, I believe you may need restart of services. If the file is in SFTP folder you may not need restart. Try this in staging environment and see how it goes.

<rulesets>
         <ruleset name="Default">
              <condition class="com.ca.gd.timesheet.validation.ruleset.DefaultRulesetCondition" resourceType="Internal" />
              <message warningEmail="myMessage" errorEmail="myMessage" addNote="true"/>

Regards,

Praneeth Desur

• 4.  Re: Timesheet note generated automatically

Posted Nov 12, 2018 08:01 AM

Hi Praneeth, 

It works, many thanks for your help ! 

kr, 

Simone