Clarity

• 1.  Resource Skills: Weighting

Posted Nov 09, 2018 09:43 AM

Good Morning Community Team,

Can anyone assist me with a definition for Weighing for Resource Skills or Example. Not sure if the documentation is clear enough on how it should be used. Any help I can get would be great. 

Thanks
    Tammi

• 2.  Re: Resource Skills: Weighting

Posted Nov 09, 2018 01:34 PM

Look at WhoZoo (a CA app) before going done the Clarity Skills path.  Trying to get people to look at this here, as I don’t see how we are going to keep a Skills data set updated and useful.  Better yet, would like to see WhoZoo as part of the Clarity package (next 15.x patch, please?).

Had same question on “Weighting” factor some long time ago…   If I recall conversation correctly that I had with CA, this is a ‘customer definable factor’ – use it if have another means for categorizing your resources’ skills.  For instance, maybe certain skills for project managers are more important than other skills:

Example:

•   Resource has

•   PMP Certification, high proficiency, great interest in using it, and it’s a heavily weighted (10) for resource’s current primary role

•   Wilderness First Responder certification, high proficiency, great interest in using it, but weighted 1 for current primary role (unless working at Backcountry.com in Utah, where this may rank higher than PMP Certification!)

I don’t know of any views, portlets or reports that actually use “Weighting” for anything – if you decide to use it, it may be up to you to decide where to make it viewable/useful.

If anyone is using the Skills capability and getting value out of it, please comment, here.  Speaking with WhoZoo people, customer lack of use for the Skills object, difficulty in keeping content updated and relevant, were all reasons behind pursuit of a better solution.  If you are having success with using Skills object, please, let us all know what you are doing and how!

If you are using WhoZoo, would like to hear how it’s going – please, add your thoughts, too!

Dale