• 1.  SOFT allocation of named resource not showing on resource planning page

Posted Nov 12, 2018 04:58 AM

CA PPM SAAS Version 15.3

Here is the scenario.

1. A generic role PM is added to the project
    2. A requisition is created for the for the PM role
    3. The resource is proposed for the requisition 
    4. Booking status is 'Soft' and 'Request status' is 'Proposed'

Team->Detail showing the planned allocation for the PM role.  

From Requisition->Resources->Resource allocation page does not the "SOFT" allocation details

How the BM/RM will find out the soft allocation of all named resources when the requisition is in 'Proposed' status?

Note:  The allocation details of the named resource shows only when the resource is "Hard" booked.

Any thoughts/pointer is greatly appreciated

Thanks

-Venkitta

• 2.  Re: SOFT allocation of named resource not showing on resource planning page

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2018 02:20 PM

Can you please clarify where you do not see the allocations?

I am able to see the numbers on the Requistion Resources list (I had to change the configuration to show numbers instead of column graph bars)

If you are referring to clicking into the 'Allocations' Icon to the right of the person's name, that will NOT have this project listed until the person is actually booked into the project - right now it is only a proposal.  The resource is not part of the project yet with any booking status.  

• 3.  Re: SOFT allocation of named resource not showing on resource planning page

Posted Nov 29, 2018 02:51 PM

Thanks Kathryn for the response.

There is no issue on viewing the allocations on the req. page but as a  RM/BM there is no single place to look at all of the proposed soft allocations.  The resource on the reqs will be on PROPOSED status until the agreement between PM and RM is complete.  During this period, the RM has no way of knowing how many resources in SOFT allocation status.  I was referring to all the tabs on the resource planning page.

As recommended by CA support, we are building a custom process to allocate the named resource to the team tab and change the booking status to "SOFT"

Thanks
    -Venkitta