CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Are there special steps required to make RESTful remote web calls behave similar to normal users?

• 1.  Are there special steps required to make RESTful remote web calls behave similar to normal users?

Posted Nov 09, 2018 03:44 PM

We have users who are testing with Microsoft Orchestrator and trying to automate the creation and updating of Incidents, Requests, and Changes.  We have seen where a user, via RESTful remote calls, was able to update and save an incident in a status without completing the required fields as they are set in the 'Dependent Attribute Control.'

Are there unique requirements to make the remote web calls behave as users do?

• 2.  Re: Are there special steps required to make RESTful remote web calls behave similar to normal users?

Posted Nov 14, 2018 02:05 AM

I have the same expectation, that webservices ,SOAP or REST, should follow the same logic as the GUI does.

Especially regarding the "Dependent Attribute Control" definitions, there is a special Option which controls the behavior, when changing data "in the background", without a direct user interaction.

The Option is named "Status_Policy_Violations" .

Take a look at  https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/administering/administering-ca-service-desk-manager/options-manager#OptionsManager-GeneralOptions

And check your NX.env for Variable @NX_STATUS_POLICY_VIOLATIONS

In my test system it is set to Warn, which "only" writes a stdlog message if the rules are breached. To enforce the the same behavior as in the GUI, it needs to be set to "Reject".

I hope this is the reason for your mismatch observation and helps.

Regards

...............Michael