Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Do we have basic course available for UC4 One Automation tool?

Posted Nov 12, 2018 02:25 PM

Attached are the images of how our tool looks which we are working upon. I would like to know the basic courses available for this tool and also training next to basic level like tool architecture level training.

I have a chance to increase my role in the firm iam currently working and i would like to really go deep into the concepts of this tool and strengthen my skill.

• 2.  Re: Do we have basic course available for UC4 One Automation tool?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 12, 2018 05:37 PM

Hi SaiPhani0345 

Looking at the screenshot, that appear to be the Java UI of the Automation Engine... which should be under the 'Automic Workload Automation' product line.  I would suggest finding out what version of the product you are currently on (version 9.x 10.x 11.2.x etc.. - on the system you can go to System Overview --> Automation Engine...  there a column that have the version)

As for courses goes, CA does offer a range of courses for the product line, though there are some cost associated with it.  As for free course, there does not appear to be one available for the Automic Workload Automation.

As for the product documentation, it is freely accessible at: Automic Download Center - Documentation 

dodti02 - Do you have any other informations on courses/resources that are available to end users for the Automic Workload Automation?

-Luu

• 3.  Re: Do we have basic course available for UC4 One Automation tool?

Posted Nov 13, 2018 07:20 AM

Hi Luu,

It says version 12.0.2. Please find the image attached.

Best Regards,

SaiPhani S

• 4.  Re: Do we have basic course available for UC4 One Automation tool?

Posted Nov 13, 2018 11:44 AM

Hi SaiPhani0345 

I was hoping to find what version of the "Automation Engine" you have: See example

From the screenshot it show that for the "User Interface" it is on 12.0.2 - Please also note that for the Java User Interface, if your 'Automation Engine' is on version 12.0.X or higher... Officially all the new features will only be accessible via the "Automic Web Interface".

As for the courses available for this product line, hopefully the information I have provided above in the previous post is helpful in what you are looking for.

Regards,
    Luu

• 5.  Re: Do we have basic course available for UC4 One Automation tool?

Posted Nov 13, 2018 02:08 PM

Hi LuuLe

Yes the automation engine is on version 12.0.x or higher. What do you mean by the features here and what does "Automic Web Interface" means? Could you give me a brief explanation of the same.

Related to the courses I have got my answer Thank you for the same!

Best Regards,

SaiPhani S

• 6.  Re: Do we have basic course available for UC4 One Automation tool?

Posted Nov 13, 2018 02:32 PM

Hi SaiPhani0345 

The "Automic Web Interface" is the new user interface that is meant to replace the Java User InterfaceSee example of the Automic Web Interface

With the 12.0.X there has been a number of enhancement made to the product:  See Release Highlights - Some of these feature such as the Services Level Objective (SLO), Zero down time & centralized agent upgrade along with certain (RA) agent (or at least the newer release) some of their field/tab are only viewable in the Automic Web Interface (AWI).

Thank you for your feedback on the answer for the original questions - Since the original questions of this thread has been answered, I will use the "Mark Correct" button on the comment above.

Regards,
    Luu

• 7.  Re: Do we have basic course available for UC4 One Automation tool?

Posted Nov 16, 2018 06:18 AM

Hello SaiPhan,

you will find all the necessary courses for Automic WA under CA Technologies Global Search Results 

Follow the link.

Kind regards - Thomas

www.setis.com