Service Virtualization

• 1.  WS-Security and Live Invocation

Posted Nov 12, 2018 09:20 AM

Hi ,

I'm working on Virtual Service with WS-Security configured. In the Virtual HTTPS Responder step, a Data Protocol Filter is present which applies the WS-Security to the response. This works as expected during response selection from the VSI. But during Virtual HTTPS Live Invocation, the live service sends the response with the WS-Security and the Virtual HTTPS Responder also applies the WS-Security on top of it. Hence the client sees the WS-Security headers twice when Live Invocation Step is executed. 

Questions:

1. Is there a way to use a conditional statement and then execute teh Data Protocol Filter in the Virtual HTTPS Responder Step?

2. I've used a separate Responder without WS-Security configured for Live invocation and a separate Responder configured with WS-Security for VSI response. This solved my problem but is approach correct? Are there any problems i might come across because of this model design?

Thanks in Advance

• 2.  Re: WS-Security and Live Invocation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2018 10:13 AM

Yes, you can use the another HTTP Responder Step. It is the simpler approach.