Service Virtualization

• 1.  Learning mode in Virtual Service

Posted Nov 14, 2018 01:27 AM

Hi 

I have deployed a Virtual Service in Learning mode and when i invoke it with a request that is  not virtualised, i can can validate that the new Response is added to the VSI. It gets added with Match style "Exact".

All Arguments have the Comparison Operator as "=". Hence only if all arguments match exactly, the VSI will respond back with a matched transaction. 

But there is one argument in the request which is the TransactionID. The value for this argument will be unique for every call. Hence i need the Comparison Operator for this argument to be "anything".

During the learning mode, when new Requests and Responses are added to the VSI, is there a way to configure the Comparison Operator for TransactionID argument to be "anything"

Thanks for your help

• 2.  Re: Learning mode in Virtual Service
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2018 02:55 AM

Hi,

No, not possible, AFAIK.

The new transaction is actually only added to the running, deployed version of the virtual service. You will need to download the mar file, get out updated .vsi out of it and process it within your DevTest project.  It is good practice to do that anyway, to have an up to date project that reflects what is deployed, otherwise you’ll run into problems if someone (accidentally) redeploys the virtual service after amending the project .vsi for some other requirement, you would lose the ‘learned’ transaction.

Cheers,

Danny

• 3.  Re: Learning mode in Virtual Service

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2018 02:58 AM

Hi Sundar,

I don't think we can change the comparison operator for argument during learning mode. But the quick way to do is Editing the VSI in workstation, at the bottom of the "Request Data" tab, there is an icon that looks like a notepad and pencil - "Do a mass change of request arguments" and change the arguments for transactions.

Thanks & Regards

Srikanth Gajawada