Clarity

• 1.  Cache clearing issues with Chrome

Posted Nov 16, 2018 03:50 PM

We are having some issues, getting 'system errors' when using Chrome, where the fix is to clear caches, or close browser and restart (effectively clearing caches).

In IE, there is a recommendation to set IE options up to reload pages on "Every time I visit the page."  There is no equivalent option in Chrome.

So, what are people on Chrome doing - putting up with manual cache clearing, or installing one of the available 'cache clearing' add-ins from Chrome's webstore?

Thanks for any advice,

Dale

• 2.  Re: Cache clearing issues with Chrome
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2018 01:53 AM

Hi Dale,

Chrome browser seems not to have option to disable cache.

Only Developer Tool has "Disable cache" option.   

Open Developer console by "Ctrl+Shift+I" and Developer Tool will be opened and "Disable cache" option is under Network tab.

The cache becomes invalid while Developer Tool is open.

Regards,

Shoichi

• 3.  Re: Cache clearing issues with Chrome

Posted Dec 07, 2018 08:09 AM

Shoichi,

Thank you for confirming my suspicions/findings.

I’m looking at Edge, now, and seeing same thing – no settings for caching.  Apparently, forcing users to determine how caching is handled on their machine, and having that setting apply all webpages, industry is doing something different, now.

Next question then – Are Clarity webpages, both classic and new UX, designed with ‘no-cache’ in the header?  How is user ensured that they are looking at current data?

Dale

• 4.  Re: Cache clearing issues with Chrome

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 10, 2018 12:21 AM

Hi Dale,

I used Chrome and PPM15.4.1.

I checked some Response Headers by using Chrome Developer Tool.

PPM (Classic and New UI) seems to set "max-age=0" and "no-cache" in Cache-Control of Response Header as below.

I don't have PPM source code, so I cannot determine which parameters are set in Response Header. 

Regards,

Shoichi

• 5.  Re: Cache clearing issues with Chrome

Posted Dec 31, 2018 11:38 AM

Hi Shoichi,

Just an Additional clarification, does this mean the users have to checkmark this option in Chrome in cases of caches issues, was wondering if any easy alternative for end users, since all would not have the developer tool option and specifically when Chrome is kind of needed to access Clarity, since IE would be discarded in future versions.