DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Cpu counts on Windows Servers

Posted Nov 16, 2018 01:36 PM

I noticed that a CDM probe on unix gives you the check box option for "cpu count" in the advanced tab. And reports out as cpu_num, which is cool. But I do not see the same feature for windows servers on their CDM probes.  If this probe cannot get this information via  a CDM probe on windows, what other way can this information be derived? Different probe, if so which one?

TIA

• 2.  Re: Cpu counts on Windows Servers

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2018 07:13 PM

Which version of the cdm probe are you using.  I have 5.80 installed in my 8.51 lab and the option for collecting the No. of CPU is available on the Advanced tab for the cdm probe installed on my primary hub which is a Windows 2012 R2 system:

I also check this in my 9.02 lab and see the same for the 6.33 version of the cdm probe also installed on a Windows 2012 R2 robot.

You might want to try deleting all of the *cdm* files from the %TEMP%\util directory on the system where you are running IM to force downloading a new copy of the cdm Configure GUI binaries to make sure you are using the Configure GUI for the version of cdm that is installed on your WIndows robots.

• 3.  Re: Cpu counts on Windows Servers

Posted Nov 19, 2018 10:49 AM

Hi Kathy, its weird. The IM gui for some of the UNIX systems have the check box, but none of the windows systems. They are all ver 6.x and above. I did finally find  the setting eventually for the windows systems but I had to go in the Admin Console to find the setting. 

• 4.  Re: Cpu counts on Windows Servers

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 19, 2018 08:54 PM

Please check local archive has proper cdm probe package.

By default, GUI package is loaded from local archive of hub that IM logged in.

• 5.  Re: Cpu counts on Windows Servers

Posted Jan 08, 2019 10:20 AM

I looks like the GUI started providing the option in 6.30