Layer7 API Management

• 1.  How to send the JMS_TIBCO_PRESERVE_UNDELIVERED as application property to EMS while we publish it to topic using Route via JMS?

Posted Nov 19, 2018 06:58 AM

We need to configure application property  "JMS_TIBCO_PRESERVE_UNDELIVERED" as true or false in the gateway which is being used by JMS endpoint which in our case is EMS endpoint.Is there any way out in gateway to set it as I don't see any of fields as such in JMS destinations properties.

Thanks in advance for the same.

• 2.  Re: How to send the JMS_TIBCO_PRESERVE_UNDELIVERED as application property to EMS while we publish it to topic using Route via JMS?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 19, 2018 10:28 AM

Hi ,

I need to have to a look , I don;t think there is out of the box such a setting 

Did you check the documentation ?

Manage JMS Destinations - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards 

Dirk 

• 3.  Re: How to send the JMS_TIBCO_PRESERVE_UNDELIVERED as application property to EMS while we publish it to topic using Route via JMS?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 19, 2018 05:00 PM

Dear Pratyush Mayank,

When you configure JMS destination, on the bottom of "JNDI" tab, you should be able to add "Additional Properties".

JMS Destination Properties - CA API Gateway - 9.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards,

Mark

• 4.  Re: How to send the JMS_TIBCO_PRESERVE_UNDELIVERED as application property to EMS while we publish it to topic using Route via JMS?

Posted Nov 20, 2018 04:35 AM

Hi,

I tried doing the same adding it to the additional property and assigning the value but it doesn't seems to be working.The value is set and it is shown in the additional properties in the gateway but it is not being received by EMS(Gateway version  9.0)

Regards,

Pratyush

• 5.  Re: How to send the JMS_TIBCO_PRESERVE_UNDELIVERED as application property to EMS while we publish it to topic using Route via JMS?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2018 05:14 PM

I just remembered I did it before for MQ to use Manage Transport Properties/Headers Assertion to set the custom message descriptor for the message.

You may  try the same to JMS property -- add a header of "JMS_TIBCO_PRESERVE_UNDELIVERED" to the JMS message.

Another thing you can try is here (I believe it should be the same as adding header)

sorry, I don't have env to verify, you may try the above 2 options and advise if any of them would work for you.