CA Service Management

• 1.  Create more Priorities

Posted Nov 20, 2018 04:34 AM

Hi

We have different teams using sdm and SLA implemented and work according to priority set.

We have another team which have different SLAs and they want to it with Priority also. And i see we cannot create Priorites with different names. 

Is there a possibility to create new Priority and attach service type on it ?

• 2.  Re: Create more Priorities

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2018 10:45 AM

Create new priorities(in this case thru pdm_load) is not a good idea.

What you could do is use the existing priorities and more conditional events in service type to serve the purpose for that team.

• 3.  Re: Create more Priorities

Posted Nov 21, 2018 06:19 AM

Hi Chechen

Thanks for your reply

Can you help me to advise what type of condition would help me in this case? The following macro im using in events.

What condition should i include in the following macro ? pls advise

• 4.  Re: Create more Priorities

Posted Nov 21, 2018 02:10 PM

Let's gather some more background information to understand the true requirement.

You did not indicate what kind of tickets these are (Incidents, Problems, Requests, Change Orders?)

You do know that Service Types (SLAs) can be associated to categories, organizations, configuration items, contacts. Why is this requirement tied to a new (undefined) priority? Priority is primarily a factor for Incident Management that relates how important an Incident is, relative to other open incidents, to the organization as a whole. Priority helps to direct organizational resources.

• 5.  Re: Create more Priorities

Posted Nov 22, 2018 01:10 AM

Hi Lindsay

Thanks for ur input

The request is for incidents tickets.

Actually we have different SLA for different team attached with some categories & some with groups. 

One group name : Level 3 support

The sla implemented for another team wo wants SLA should work according to priorities. 

So , as i mentioned macro condition in above snapshot, how can i modify this condition such that SLA only works when GROUP 'Level 3 support' is attached in incident based on priorites?

• 6.  Re: Create more Priorities

Posted Nov 24, 2018 06:09 PM

(group.last_name == 'Level 3 support' && status != 'CL' && status != 'CLUNRSLV' && status != 'CNCL')