AutoSys Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

how could be the remote agent stores the status of the job to update autosys server?

• 1.  how could be the remote agent stores the status of the job to update autosys server?

Posted Nov 20, 2018 10:51 AM

If one job was started and running on remote agent machine let's say 5.00 A.M. I have shutdown the autosys server for 3 minutes i.e., 5.03 A.M, In agent machine side job was went to successful at 5.05 A.M, after some time let's say 5.10 A.M I have bring back the autosys server, here in autosys demon log file i'm getting job was successful at 5.13 A.M.

Here my question was how remote agent stores the status of the job whether it stores in a file or cache to give status to event scheduler?

• 2.  Re: how could be the remote agent stores the status of the job to update autosys server?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2018 09:07 AM

The job information in CA WA Agent is persistence data (it has database so to speak).  The Agent will continue to call Autosys or scheduler till it gets an acknowledgement.  Once the scheduler acknowledges that it has received the job information, the Agent will clear the data on its side. 

So, if Autosys is down, the WA Agent will keep trying to send the update about job.  Same applies to WA Agent, if it is shutdown, all the data is still there.  When it comes back up it will re-read and try to send whatever job information it was suppose to.

HTH,

Nitin Pande

CA (Broadcom)